March 9-12, 2022 | Winter Storm, "Wagons West"

BuckeyeGal

5 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Sorry - just seeing this - I went to baseball practice (coach) right after I posted. I'll do my best to include your area on my future map postings.

Did not know that.

Either way, I looked at it myself & it had 7-10 inches of snow for my area, this could rival the March 4th, 2015 Snowstorm

• Meteorologist

Latest trends have the first wave over much of my CWA. We need it. I'll take any QPF we can get. 

Edit: I'm hoping for a general 4-8" with 10-1 ratios for my area. That liquid equivalent is much more important than the snow amount here. The wetter the snow the better. 

Edited by Ingyball
  • LIKE 1

This storm looks fun. Hoping for a slight west shift for my own personal benefit but even if it stayed where it is I would be good with that. I hope the Ohio people get a good storm out of this. I think it’s possible with this setup.

This would be a solid way to round out what’s been a great couple months of winter in my area.

Edited by SNOWBOB11

Not gonna lie, I’m ready for warm sunny skies and some thunder boomers. For some reason my mental calendar automatically flips to spring come March Madness tournament time. Keep this all south of Route 30 and East of I-75 in Ohio and you all can have as much of it as you want!

• THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, NWsnowhio said:

Not gonna lie, I’m ready for warm sunny skies and some thunder boomers. For some reason my mental calendar automatically flips to spring come March Madness tournament time. Keep this all south of Route 30 and East of I-75 in Ohio and you all can have as much of it as you want!

I’ll do south of 30 but not east of 75 lol.

The 00z models now look more like an "eastern" apps runner/coastal plains runner....we need the western apps runner back or mythical 08 like spine runner haha. GFS is touting 987 on the 00z so I like where the OV sits right now

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45

ILN getting more detailed.

.LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY/... Broad WSW flow aloft will evolve for the start of the long term period for the OH/TN Vly. Quiet weather is anticipated Wednesday night through Thursday as a deep trof digs across the intermountain west and broad SW flow aloft again becomes a bit more amplified in the SE CONUS and stretching into the TN/OH Vlys. Expect temps to be very close to seasonal norms, with highs in the upper 40s and lower 50s and lows in the upper 20s and lower 30s. A rather significant pattern shift will occur toward the end of the workweek and into the upcoming weekend, with high confidence in a return to much colder/unseasonably cold conditions for this weekend. How we arrive at that pattern change still remains somewhat in question as two initially- distinct systems, one across the Rio Grande Valley and the other in the upper Midwest, phase into a deepening trof developing into the eastern CONUS by Friday night/Saturday. How that happens, and how quickly the phasing occurs, and where it occurs, still remains to be seen, with implications on coverage and type of pcpn across the OH Vly late Friday into Friday night. It appears probable, at this juncture, that pcpn should start off as some rain Friday into early Friday night as large scale forcing/ascent increases progressively from the west. Still to be determined at this point, among other things, will be the longitudinal position of the mid/upper level trof and timing questions on phasing, with obvious implications on the associated wind and thermal fields as we progress into Friday evening. It seems reasonable to expect the H8 trof to pivot E through the ILN Friday evening, with the slow progression of the initially ill-defined sfc boundary E during the daytime period. Once the better forcing and mid/upper level support arrives by Friday evening , expect to see a tightening of the LL thermal fields, indicative of frontogenetic processes, promoting further expansion of ascent as the LL front shifts E. There are some important timing differences to still be worked out here, but strictly from an ensemble and probabilistic approach, there remains a sufficient signal for a broad area of rain to mix with, and eventually change to, snow Friday evening into Friday night as the digging as the overall mid/upper level system quickly phases. There are intricacies in this process that quite frankly may not be resolved by global guidance for several more days due to the sensitivity of a system`s phase, depth, magnitude, positioning, etc. and correlation of those processes to the sensible weather and potential impacts locally. For now, it does seem probable that pcpn will change to at least a brief period of snow for a good portion of the ILN FA Friday night as much colder air rushes in from the west, with some accumulations possible. The signal is strong and persistent enough to start broad-brush mention in the HWO. One thing that is a bit more confident in nature is the signal for an anomalously cold airmass set to settle into the OH Vly Saturday into Saturday night. The height and thermal anomalies are very impressive, even on the more muted ensemble guidance. For example, GEFS mean H8 temps on Saturday afternoon have anywhere from around -16C to -18C, which would be on the very edge/record of the SPC daily sounding climatology spectrum for KILN for the date. The overall pattern and persistent signal regarding the height and temp anomalies was enough of a nudge to go a solid 4-5 degrees below NBM blended guidance for highs on Saturday, especially with the expectation for a few flurries and snow showers as well. This will be aided by the pivoting of a very impressive PV anomaly into the central/eastern OH Vly during the daytime period, with steepening low level lapse rates, breezy conditions, and plenty of moisture availability to still work with. Temps on Saturday may only rebound several degrees from morning lows, topping out in the lower/mid 20s during the afternoon. An even colder night is on tap Saturday night as temps dip into the teens area-wide. There are some spots that could potentially be a bit colder, depending on how much and where a fresh snow pack /could/ be. A moderating trend will develop for the end of the long term period with highs on Sunday getting into the 30s and even lower 40s, with even warmer temps for the start of next workweek.

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1

Yea it’s gonna be real close. Need that southern vort to get ahead of the northern piece so that it doesn’t shear out and end up SE. NAM would be explosive but it’s LR. 

Edited by junior