March 9-12, 2022 | Winter Storm, "Wagons West"

BuckeyeGal

ILN still not saying much in the new AFD.

.LONG TERM /TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/... 1026 mb surface high pressure will be building across the Ohio Valley on Tuesday, providing dry weather. A trough of low pressure positioned over the Southern Appalachians will bring a chance of rain and snow to southeast locations Tuesday night and Wednesday. Dry conditions are likely to return Thursday with high pressure. Threat for precipitation comes back Friday when a ripple of low pressure is forecast to interact with a cold front amidst a large batch of deep moisture, producing the likelihood for rain. Precip is expected to change to snow Friday night, with minor accumulations possible especially northwest of I-71. Snow will dwindle on Saturday in the blustery northerly flow behind the system. Dry weather is indicated for Sunday as high pressure tracks across the southeast CONUS. High temperatures starting in the 40s Tuesday will be boosted Wednesday through Friday by warm advection around the high pressure, with readings reaching the 50s. Highs will plunge to the 30s Saturday, before rebounding to the 40s on Sunday.

8 minutes ago, snowlover2 said:

Timing works for me. I'll be off work for 8 days after friday so bring it on.

Works for me as well as I'm off next weekend. I gotta say the H5 looks quite nice... it has room to become a monster like it does east of here but its still about a week out.

5 hours ago, Grace said:

March 2008 😃

or 2015... this was on my Facebook memories thing today from 2015 ..about a foot of snow ..for some reasons it seems forgettable over the 2008 storm tho..it was completley gone in about 2 days

11001535_10152791104647198_42805884066160020_o.jpg

Edited by NeXrad
  • LIKE 1

Part of the storm is already onshore in AK/CA. Another piece is still over the Arctic Ocean which is modeled to round the base of our trough creating the semi-dominant southern piece. There is also a piece(s) still over the North Pole which would be our northern vort that is modeled to swing down and phase. Like a puzzle... 

0z GFS will be interesting as I typed this..

• LIKE 1

That's a crazy look at H5... imagine a more organized phase. Of course you're relying on the northern piece still over the north pole to swing down here perfectly timing the phase. We have seen these pieces suddenly disappear in the past.

500hv.conus.png

• LIKE 3

• The title was changed to March 11-12, 2022 | Potential Winter Storm, "The Final Countdown"