March 9-12, 2022 | Winter Storm, "Wagons West"

BuckeyeGal

1 hour ago, ceciliaky said:

I’m on central Kentucky - west of Lexington & south of Louisville. We had the 9” snow in December and it’s been not much of anything after that. 

looking out the window today, I’m ready for spring I think. 

Yes this one broke me...very frustrating 

28 minutes ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

Yep.  I’m taking my family out to NYC for Spring Break and am fairly certain it’s going to happen that week.  😜

On a positive note, I heard Spring peepers for the first time today.  

They are deafening here right now!! Its erie when they all stop at once 

• THUMBS UP 1

1 hour ago, NKYSnowLover said:

Its been awful in NKY (at least IMBY). Outside of the surprise 8" storm last February, when we managed to get under that narrow, super over-producing band that trained us for 3-4 hours at around 1.5"/hour, in the last 7 winters it has been a perpetual disappointment topped with two mega sleet storms in back-to-back years.

We got that one here too. Granted we got less the further north and I was living near Mason at that time but still 5-6 up there. That was great, especially for a surprise. We had one more surprise 3 inch storm and then the usual nickels and dimes. 
I remember last years sleet storm I was more sold on any storm ever since I’ve been following weather.. I had a wooden board I put out so I can measure the great snow totals and everything just for it to sleet all day.. I had never been more defeated in a storm.. usually when I’m disappointed it’s because we just missed out but it was modeled to barely miss. To see yours before the storm to get good snows and then that.. gut wrenching. I even called off work so I could enjoy it lol. 

Something has got to shake around here right? A few storms are going to hit where we get nice snows right? This makes me miss the winters where we got 2-3 inch storms throughout the winter. I complained then about wanting a big storm but now I’d take those back in a heartbeat. 

• THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

We got that one here too. Granted we got less the further north and I was living near Mason at that time but still 5-6 up there. That was great, especially for a surprise. We had one more surprise 3 inch storm and then the usual nickels and dimes. 
I remember last years sleet storm I was more sold on any storm ever since I’ve been following weather.. I had a wooden board I put out so I can measure the great snow totals and everything just for it to sleet all day.. I had never been more defeated in a storm.. usually when I’m disappointed it’s because we just missed out but it was modeled to barely miss. To see yours before the storm to get good snows and then that.. gut wrenching. I even called off work so I could enjoy it lol. 

Something has got to shake around here right? A few storms are going to hit where we get nice snows right? This makes me miss the winters where we got 2-3 inch storms throughout the winter. I complained then about wanting a big storm but now I’d take those back in a heartbeat. 

Dude, I'd take nickels and dimes over the pennies and metric tons of sleet. I hear you on the something has to break. Law of Averages has to play itself out at some point. Certainly wasnt this winter, here's to hoping that it's coming for Winter 2022-2023.

4 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

😅 I try to be active during the severe weather but usually it only ends up just "day of" tracking vs. 7 days in advance for me

I hear you on that one... I'm about 2 weeks away from going into lurker mode until November, unless there is an enhanced+ risk day in the OHV. 😄 

Edited by NKYSnowLover
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Admin

Can always tell when spring is knocking because users start to talk about next winter. 🙂 I'm going to try to be a little more active for the severe season. It's not my typical, but I have a lot to learn there and I find it fascinating! And we have @ClicheVortex2014 in the house!

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

32 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

😅 I try to be active during the severe weather but usually it only ends up just "day of" tracking vs. 7 days in advance for me

I stay active all year but I post only when extreme things are happening like severe weather, heat wave or flooding or something. Otherwise I’m a lurker. Especially during severe weather outbreak.. I Leave that for the experts because I don’t want to clutter with non useful info lol. 
I know @ClicheVortex2014stays active and I see @snowlover2and @junioraround a bit during the off season as I call it lol. @Central Illinoisis a little active too.

Edited by Snow____
  • LIKE 2

33 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

I stay active all year but I post only when extreme things are happening like severe weather, heat wave or flooding or something. Otherwise I’m a lurker. Especially during severe weather outbreak.. I Leave that for the experts because I don’t want to clutter with non useful info lol. 
I know @ClicheVortex2014stays active and I see @snowlover2and @junioraround a bit during the off season as I call it lol. @Central Illinoisis a little active too.

Expect a jump of Storm Season & Summer members in the next few months, I'm a Year-round person

• THUMBS UP 1

7 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Well 18z so far has brought back the 2" potential here. With temps in the teens and 10-20 MPH gusts to 30....would certainly help to make it seem like more. Saturday is going to be brutal so it better snow

That’s what I was thinking while out enjoying these low 50’s. If it’s not going to snow then damn the cold right now. Saturday is going to suck without seeing some snow pile up.

1 hour ago, MidMichiganWx said:

Welp, that's a wrap folks. Spring is in the air at this point. 

What a disappointing winter - so much missed potential on multiple storms - guess I need to move south or into a snowbelt area. 

I'll hold out hope for a bomb cyclone over Cleveland.. some day. Enough of these few incher events.