March 9-12, 2022 | Winter Storm, "Wagons West"

BuckeyeGal

18 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Anything that had an axis path along that snowhole in S IN/NW KY/SEMO was doomed 😅 

nohrsc_seasnow.us_mw (1).png

Not going to lie (and @Mulaman984 can attest), I have refused to get excited over snow prospects outside the week leading up to the sleet-o-rama redux for the Kentuckiana region + SW OH up to Columbus. The snow dome is as strong as ever.

Meanwhile, Lexington somehow became the new snow capital of the state. Every good storm this season has (or will) hit them.

Edited by NKYSnowLover
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

I have a REALLY hard time believing that Licking County has received 14.7 inches of "snowfall" this year!!!!

I'm not trying to be funny, but it appears that sleet is "counted" as snow. (NWS Snow Measuring Guidelines)

image.png.0e3dfd15a7c7b61adecad0a62a6252be.png

• YUCK 1

2 hours ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Anything that had an axis path along that snowhole in S IN/NW KY/SEMO was doomed 😅 

I knew it was a bad winter but seeing on a map like this makes it feel worse somehow 😂😂. 8.7 sounds about right for here. 

1 hour ago, NKYSnowLover said:

Not going to lie (and @Mulaman984 can attest), I have refused to get excited over snow prospects outside the week leading up to the sleet-o-rama redux for the Kentuckiana region + SW OH up to Columbus. The snow dome is as strong as ever.

Meanwhile, Lexington somehow became the new snow capital of the state. Every good storm this season has (or will) hit them.

It’s been bad bro. To be honest I never recovered from February 15th last year… and then just to see it repeated this was almost too much to handle for a snow lover. 2 of the biggest storms for us and it was all sleet. And then to top off this years sleet fest to see almost everyone else change to while we stayed sleet for like 6 more hours was the icing on the cake. 

• DISAPPOINTED 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 hour ago, NKYSnowLover said:

Maybe the Quad State Tornado family had to do something with this. o_o

42 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

It’s been bad bro. To be honest I never recovered from February 15th last year… and then just to see it repeated this was almost too much to handle for a snow lover. 2 of the biggest storms for us and it was all sleet. And then to top off this years sleet fest to see almost everyone else change to while we stayed sleet for like 6 more hours was the icing on the cake. 

Its been awful in NKY (at least IMBY). Outside of the surprise 8" storm last February, when we managed to get under that narrow, super over-producing band that trained us for 3-4 hours at around 1.5"/hour, in the last 7 winters it has been a perpetual disappointment topped with two mega sleet storms in back-to-back years.

3 hours ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

I’m on central Kentucky - west of Lexington & south of Louisville. We had the 9” snow in December and it’s been not much of anything after that. 

looking out the window today, I’m ready for spring I think. 

3 hours ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Makes me think that we'll finally get a big one in 2-3 weeks when absolutely no one wants any more winter weather, LOL

Yep.  I’m taking my family out to NYC for Spring Break and am fairly certain it’s going to happen that week.  😜

On a positive note, I heard Spring peepers for the first time today.  

Edited by Columbusbuckeye