March 12-13, 2022 | Winter Storm - Blue Ridge Blizzard

HVSNOWSTORM

Most recent Mt Holly AFD - 9:25pm

1EED6AD4-1B19-4FBA-8CC3-9F23636424A2.jpeg

“Overall snow totals look as follows: 6 to 8 inches in the southern Poconos, 4 to 6 inches in the Lehigh Valley, Sussex county, New Jersey, and Berks county, 2 to 4 inches in northern New Jersey, down the I-95 corridor through Philadelphia and into northern Delaware, and an inch or so elsewhere.”

Edited by Poco
  • LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

19 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

On time? Latest rap looks amazing for entire state.

Maybe a little early actually. I wasn't thinking it would start until midnight. I'm actually in Maryland this weekend though, so I'm relying on traffic cams to tell what's going on lol. Looks like it's starting to stick in some areas

• LIKE 1

7 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

1st plow of the night and roads are already covered again. 

IMG_20220312_005424.jpg

How much do you have? I keep watching the PennDOT traffic cameras now that I'm back where I'm staying for the evening to see how things are back home lol. I see the official obs site in Moon is up to 1.7 inches as a midnight. Looking forward to seeing it really come down here in Maryland tomorrow morning when I wake up

image.thumb.png.6031f36256104b64903dbf6093094dae.png

Farther north, snowfall is increasing across West Virginia into western Pennsylvania. Several observations sites are reporting moderate to heavy snow that is has been primarily driven by 850-700 mb frontogentic lift. As the trough moves east and intensifies, deep-layer ascent will increase in these areas into early Saturday morning. The potential for 1-1.5 inch snowfall rates will increase accordingly during the next several hours.

• LIKE 1