March 12-13, 2022 | Winter Storm - Blue Ridge Blizzard

HVSNOWSTORM

• Meteorologist

Looks like 3-5" now becoming a thing. Nws has blowing snow for us so maybe they see this changing rapidly from a wet snow to higher ratio pretty quick for us. That would be something hoping this all clears by noon. Got plans that need not interupting lol

• LIKE 2

• Admin

SREFs are back up. I have nothing to back this up, but I feel these "spring like" storms near the end of the season can cling to the cold better than early season. 

Still enough duds where I'm hesitant to believe I see anything more than a couple inches, but 48 hours ago it looked like this had almost no chance.

Screenshot_20220311-081713.png.1fea784b28e70a2b650019c4a6376718.png

Need that northern stream to push as fast as possible and the late phase.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

7 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

Phasing, degree of phasing, timing of phasing, placement of features at time of said phasing.  So hard to model.

This may surprise some folks on the eastern edge of the heavier snow totals currently being modeled, trending east leading up to the event......

• LIKE 2

2 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

We need to be careful what we root for, The further east it goes, the more progressive and less potent this storm will become.   

Its now in a good spot for my liking since everything has shifted east.

Just now, HVSNOWSTORM said:

Its now in a good spot for my liking since everything has shifted east.

To be honest, I’m actually rooting for a slight western shift.  Hoping we can sharpen up the trough and jet a little bit to get those good backside heavy qpf bands.  

3 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

To be honest, I’m actually rooting for a slight western shift.  Hoping we can sharpen up the trough and jet a little bit to get those good backside heavy qpf bands.  

Yeah of course you are cuz short range is starting to push the heaviest axis east of you to near me.

6 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

Reality is we won't know who will be right on that line of where the best bands are that are just inside the cold sector until it basically happening.