March 12-13, 2022 | Winter Storm - Blue Ridge Blizzard

HVSNOWSTORM

40 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Various 21z SREF means and up or down from 15z.

Williamsport - 7.4", up

State College - 6.7", up

Pittsburgh - 6.6", up

Harrisburg - 5.5", up

Scranton - 7.6", up

Binghamton - 10.1", up

Poughkeepsie - 4.0", down

Waterbury - 1.8", down 

Wow, things have vastly improved in most of PA with the srefs today. I'm really liking how things are trending at the last minute

• Admin
7 hours ago, JDClapper said:

Track

lowtrack_circles.gif

lowtrack_ensembles.gif

23mb drop in 12 hours, with that track and normally I'd expect snow, and a lot of it.  I'm not entirely disappointed, I have to admit, I've had spring fever a couple times this year.  Hopefully the ski areas can cash in at least. 

I continue to get teased, NAM3 being the biggest offender. It may only be a degree or two, but really feel it's going to fall just short.  I do have some extra elevation, but again, probably on the outside looking in mostly. 

2120822602_download(14).png.1337bea17b5d9a8f74ac6829b3ccfce9.png

• LIKE 1

• The title was changed to March 12-13, 2022 | Winter Storm

The wind will crank up, and get close to advy criteria as the low scoots just SE of the state, crossing DE and riding up the NJ/NY coasts. That storm track is typically a favorable track for heavy snow in the central mtns. The wind will just create more problems as it begins to get strong as the snow is just peaking in intensity.

Last night I mentioned how the track (esp of the 850 low) would lead to a major snow event for my region and Lehigh Valley etc (if it were truly winter season right now).

Now that we're getting some more cold air cooperation, we see the forecast totals increase accordingly. 

Edited by Undertakerson2.0
  • LIKE 2