Ukranian Conflict

Sentinel

1 minute ago, MaineJay said:

So the Ukrainians blow up a fuel depot in Russia and the Russians say that might hinder peace talks?  The "Russian entitlement" they are displaying here is laughable. 

Now they want the Arctic to be "free of conflict". This is another lie, as they have very ambitious goals in the Arctic.

Russia's military looks inept, and without nukes, doesn't appear to be very formidable.  It's like their athletics programs, based on lies, and banned substances.

Only a later of time before Russia kills a bunch of it's own people and blames it on Ukraine. This was Putin's playbook in Chechnya as he ascended to power.

I feel bad for the duped Russian people, they will pay the price for Putin's heartless hubris.

I love how they say they are easing off the attacks to show goodwill for the negotiations. Ummm, no you're not. You're easing off the attacks so you can try to scrape together some equipment that hasn't been destroyed and figure out how many survivors you have. Maybe hire a few new generals. Then try again. That's what's going on here. 

• THUMBS UP 1

5 hours ago, Uscg Ast said:

Remember folks - "The chasm between what we're told is going on and what is really going on Is absolutely enormous"

Yeah both sides are propagandizing the hell out of it. But there's no denying how little the Russians have managed to accomplish. As well as how many casualties in such a short time, by anybody's figures. It's astonishing. 

Curious what your thoughts are on your statement, as far as what is going on that we aren't hearing about. 

• THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, 1816 said:

Yeah both sides are propagandizing the hell out of it. But there's no denying how little the Russians have managed to accomplish. As well as how many casualties in such a short time, by anybody's figures. It's astonishing. 

Curious what your thoughts are on your statement, as far as what is going on that we aren't hearing about. 

I will get a bit further into it a bit later on today - or this week - however, this is part of what I mean:

https://www.rt.com/business/553099-gold-backed-ruble-gamechanger-west/

• LIKE 1

56 minutes ago, Uscg Ast said:

I will get a bit further into it a bit later on today - or this week - however, this is part of what I mean:

https://www.rt.com/business/553099-gold-backed-ruble-gamechanger-west/

Ehhhh. The "shadow" government gazillionaires that really run the world manipulate all this stuff. The Russians either get on board with them or get schooled. I think if  the russkies have plans going to teach the Rothschild and Rockefellers about currency manipulation it will probably go about as well as their invasion has so far. 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

• 4 weeks later...

We absolutely have the fog of war, but we also have tangible, identifiable outcomes as well. Putin invading Ukraine and not succeeding swiftly has put Finland and Sweden on the brink of joining NATO. There is no arguing that this was not the outcome that Putin wanted. 

• THUMBS UP 2

2 minutes ago, Psu1313 said:

We absolutely have the fog of war, but we also have tangible, identifiable outcomes as well. Putin invading Ukraine and not succeeding swiftly has put Finland and Sweden on the brink of joining NATO. There is no arguing that this was not the outcome that Putin wanted. 

Yeah but he's the leader of a "major" country. Isn't he supposed to be smart? The fuckups in this shitshow are never-ending. If they really thought ukraine was going to roll over in 2 days then regime change is exactly what they need. The current regime is unqualified to run a waffle house much less a nuclear world power. 

• LAUGH 1

3 hours ago, 1816 said:

Yeah but he's the leader of a "major" country. Isn't he supposed to be smart? The fuckups in this shitshow are never-ending. If they really thought ukraine was going to roll over in 2 days then regime change is exactly what they need. The current regime is unqualified to run a waffle house much less a nuclear world power. 

I don't know if that is how I'd look at it. Those "fuckups" have a pretty solid hold on what was a G20 economy. Putin is smart and even moreso, he's ruthless. I calculate that he made two mistakes that are obvious. The first of which was he believed his military could get into Kyiv quickly and install a puppet regime. The second is that he believed his propaganda and disinformation campaign had done enough damage to Western countries that there was no way they would stand united. The expectation was that there would be divisions about how to handle this, and there are divisions, you're just not hearing as much about them. 

• LIKE 1

7 hours ago, Psu1313 said:

I don't know if that is how I'd look at it. Those "fuckups" have a pretty solid hold on what was a G20 economy. Putin is smart and even moreso, he's ruthless. I calculate that he made two mistakes that are obvious. The first of which was he believed his military could get into Kyiv quickly and install a puppet regime. The second is that he believed his propaganda and disinformation campaign had done enough damage to Western countries that there was no way they would stand united. The expectation was that there would be divisions about how to handle this, and there are divisions, you're just not hearing as much about them. 

Yeah of course there's always more than one way to look at things. I don't view this Russian regime as competent in any way. They don't have control over a great diverse economy. They just happen to sit on a vast reserve of oil and gas that they can get out and moved efficiently. It's just a bunch of criminals controlling it and if organized criminals are good at anything it's getting and maintaining power. Their failures in this invasion and the state of their equipment and personnel point to the shortcomings of having criminals over top of everything. The money went to yachts and palaces not training and supplies. 

Edited by 1816

• Admin

Folks, your captain speaking. It seems that we are about to hit a pretty rough patch of air. I will be suspending beverage service at this time. Please find your seat, buckle in and hang on. 

If you have a faith you adhere to, now is the time to exercise it. 

• DISAPPOINTED 1

4 hours ago, Uscg Ast said:

Folks, your captain speaking. It seems that we are about to hit a pretty rough patch of air. I will be suspending beverage service at this time. Please find your seat, buckle in and hang on. 

Well shit. 

15 hours ago, Uscg Ast said:

10 hours ago, 1816 said:

Well shit. 

Some of our more leftist friends probably don't care for him but I get value from some of the things Glenn Beck talks about. He painted a pretty dire picture on his radio show today. Global famine. Real disruptive supply chain problems. I've found him to be right a lot of the time. Sometimes it just takes a little longer than you would think so he doesn't get a lot of credit. That and he doesn't get a lot shine on mainstream media. Ugly picture for the upcoming times he was painting. 🤮

1 minute ago, Iceresistance said:

Russia has threatened to attack anyone who dares to support Ukraine, even the USA.

But the issue is the moment he attacks us is the moment he declared WW3, and Russia would finally realize a fatal mistake they've made.

That's the miscalculation a lot of people make in the whole thing. You have to recognize bluster and bluff and call it out. We've been supporting Ukraine since day 1 and so have most western powers. 

If Russia was to start ww3 they get vaporized too. So if that's what they want then let's get it over with because appeasing someone that would actually go that route isn't going to do any good anyway. 

Otherwise maybe we should recognize that the emperor is walking around buck ass naked and call the bluff on the empty threats. They aren't launching any nukes unless we invade the motherland. 

Now when Iran starts making suicidal nuclear threats we will have a whole different situation. Probably not a bluff if it was them. 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, 1816 said:

That's the miscalculation a lot of people make in the whole thing. You have to recognize bluster and bluff and call it out. We've been supporting Ukraine since day 1 and so have most western powers. 

If Russia was to start ww3 they get vaporized too. So if that's what they want then let's get it over with because appeasing someone that would actually go that route isn't going to do any good anyway. 

Otherwise maybe we should recognize that the emperor is walking around buck *** naked and call the bluff on the empty threats. They aren't launching any nukes unless we invade the motherland. 

Now when Iran starts making suicidal nuclear threats we will have a whole different situation. Probably not a bluff if it was them. 

It's not going to take long before we'll discover that they're trying to intimidate us, they tried that with claiming that they're developing bioweapons (Obviously that did not work). Now the Russians are trying to say that they're developing Nuclear Weapons.

It appears that the only reason why this is happening is because our current POTUS is being viewed as weak & Putin thinks that he can be pushed around.

• Admin
14 hours ago, 1816 said:

Some of our more leftist friends probably don't care for him but I get value from some of the things Glenn Beck talks about. He painted a pretty dire picture on his radio show today. Global famine. Real disruptive supply chain problems. I've found him to be right a lot of the time. Sometimes it just takes a little longer than you would think so he doesn't get a lot of credit. That and he doesn't get a lot shine on mainstream media. Ugly picture for the upcoming times he was painting. 🤮

I get what you are saying, but I imagine in the 1930s they worried about the same stuff. Dust bowl, great depression, real Nazis, WWII,  probably looked like the end of times.  I tend to try and stay even keeled, panic and paranoia are extremely powerful emotions, often leading to miscalculations.

• LIKE 1

Another Russian Warship in the Black Sea severely damaged, likely by Ukraine.

Russia has made another wild threat in using Nuclear Weapons against NATO nations, but the one who made the threat did say that it "cannot be allowed because the consequences will impact the [entire] Earth."

• LIKE 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Admin
15 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Tourists being so close is telling about how this war is being portrayed back in Russia. 

The psychological effect might be greater than the material losses.

• Admin

Anyone else think the Darya Dugina assassination was likely an inside job by the Russians?  It's kinda in the Putin handbook.

Just pondering over the "why did they invade Ukraine", a major factor could've been it was a sort of marketing ploy.  To fund their military, they need to sell weapons. Although the oligarchs stealing all the money to build superyachts really undermined that.

And touting the Kinzhal missile as some kind of "hypersonic super weapon" is really a stretch.  I mean, technically an ICBM goes hypersonic, as do other missiles.  

Russia's military has always historically been way more bark than bite.

• LIKE 1