March 5-19, 2022 | Tornado Outbreak/Severe Weather Pattern That Won't Quit

ClicheVortex2014

2 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Pretty classic sign of a tornadic supercell cycling. The tornadic rotation itself is falling apart but the pieces will still be there.

030522-7.PNG

The Rotation is still insane, as soon as it finishes recycling, it will produce a new tornado.

• Meteorologist

In non severe news I issued a PDS Red Flag Warning for portions of my area this morning. Had a big fire go up not too far from Wichita while I was sleeping today. It forced some evacuations and canceled events. Can smell the smoke here now. 

• LIKE 4

• Meteorologist
13 minutes ago, Central Illinois said:

Big risk-reward for those who decided to travel to chase today with gas prices the way they are. From a chaser perspective, sounds like a lot of people got the reward part. Still a lot of money they threw down but these videos are insane.

• LIKE 4

• Meteorologist

Nothing really sticks out on 0z HRRR. I think the tornado hotspot will be in S MO tomorrow. S IL and W KY could pull some surprises.

floop-hrrr-2022030600.refcmp.us_ov.gif.1ea720f0f63a89e33fbd8d14a5bbc1cc.gif

Can't say there's not a reason to watch Arkansas where parameters are most favorable. There is a warm sector cell in N AR. Something to keep an eye on.

image.png

• Meteorologist

QLCS tornado threat may be about to take over if parcels are still surface-based. Very strong 0-500m SRH all along the developing squall. Iowa has the strongest low-level shear and also the lowest LCLs. Dangerous combination.

image.png

Edited by ClicheVortex2014

• Meteorologist
1 hour ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

QLCS tornado threat may be about to take over if parcels are still surface-based. Very strong 0-500m SRH all along the developing squall. Iowa has the strongest low-level shear and also the lowest LCLs. Dangerous combination.

image.png

There it is

030522-10.PNG