March 5-19, 2022 | Tornado Outbreak/Severe Weather Pattern That Won't Quit

ClicheVortex2014

On 3/11/2022 at 3:25 PM, Iceresistance said:

Severe storm chances now through the 15th of March per SPC, I knew March was going to be active, but not like this!

I hate to put a negative on this, but this is not a highly active time for tornadoes.

Mar 9: 5 reports, 1 tornado
Mar 10: no reports
Mar 11: 19 reports, 2 tornadoes
Mar 12: 63 reports, 2 tornadoes
Mar 13: no reports
Mar 14: slight risk
Mar 15-16: marginal risk

• Meteorologist
11 minutes ago, Chinook said:

I hate to put a negative on this, but this is not a highly active time for tornadoes.

Mar 9: 5 reports, 1 tornado
Mar 10: no reports
Mar 11: 19 reports, 2 tornadoes
Mar 12: 63 reports, 2 tornadoes
Mar 13: no reports
Mar 14: slight risk
Mar 15-16: marginal risk

Little under half way through March and we have 40 confirmed tornadoes. March averages around 75. Got the potential for a few today, and another possible outbreak next week.

Not highly anomalous if we continue this pace, but has the potential to be well-above average March for tornadoes if we have another outbreak.

Tornado watch coming in an hour or two

image.png.2cfef81b498f5c2e430840a195f24591.png

Edited by ClicheVortex2014

• Meteorologist

Might have a tornado watch later

image.png.4290d15d84db74da5c1d580cae607ff1.png

SUMMARY...Severe threat will increase markedly over the next few hours. Supercells, with some tornado potential, are expected. Greatest risk will be across eastern portions of ww and there is some consideration being given to a tornado watch across this area in the 23-00Z time frame. DISCUSSION...Leading edge of large-scale forcing for ascent has overspread the dryline and scattered convection has increased markedly along the I-35 corridor from north-central into central TX. Exit region of 500mb speed max will overspread east-central TX later this evening. Of particular concern is the higher boundary-layer moisture that is advancing north across the southern/eastern portions of ww45 where surface dew points are in the mid-upper 50s. These dew points will yield appreciably higher instability given the very steep lapse rates. As dew points continue to creep into the upper 50s there is increasing tornado concern with these evolving supercells.

4 minutes ago, OKwx_2001 said:

Solid meso here but it's about to move into one of the worst and most annoying radar holes in the country 

Screenshot_20220314-184853.png

NWS said that there has been Damage reported along TX-78

There's another large Radar Hole in Eastern Texas

Edited by Iceresistance

• Meteorologist

HRRR advertised this cell very well. It said that it only has access to weak instability so we'll see if that's the case. Judging by that hail spike... I think there's a bit more than weak instability.

image.thumb.png.cafe4c4d9cd08b6f6fc63efb10b70b01.png