March 5-19, 2022 | Tornado Outbreak/Severe Weather Pattern That Won't Quit

ClicheVortex2014

• The title was changed to March 5-7, 2022 | Tornado Outbreak
9 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Just woke up randomly so here’s a radar screenshot for those who managed to not randomly wake up in the middle of the night for posterity

12DE22CC-5DEF-4BFE-8F71-B064549F008D.png

I’m excited. I just happened to still be up but was getting ready to head to bed and saw this and now I’m definitely staying up.

• Meteorologist

Interesting that ILN didn’t choose to postpone the monthly tornado siren test on a day like today. Front is past us but it’s still “tornado weather” with the wind and all

Edited by ClicheVortex2014

It seems Ohio and ILN had it's first tornado of 2022 Sunday morning.

Public Information Statement National Weather Service Wilmington OH 220 PM EST Mon Mar 7 2022 ...CONFIRMED TORNADO NORTH OF VERSAILLES OHIO... The National Weather Service in Wilmington Ohio confirms a tornado occurred early Sunday morning north of Versailles Ohio. The full report will be released this evening once the survey team has completed the survey.

18 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Shame it's already Midnight and the radar looks like this. No way in hell am I staying up til, like, 6am.

image.png.392f59ef2a7e01f38df0c33583f0b100.png

Sometimes you just have to let it go and get some sleep.

One time a long time ago, I was participating in a severe weather game that was not related to the severe weather game hosted by Snowlover2. My pick was somewhere over by Lubbock TX. There was a scenario where I waited for about 4 or 5 hours, until 1:00AM eastern time, (I was on eastern time) to see if a supercell could get over to my pick location and drop a hail or tornado. I don't even remember if I scored, but it drove me nuts. The slow-supercell scenario is when the upper level winds and lower level winds are in opposite directions. There can be back-building supercells that go on and on. 

That was when GRLevel3 was new, aka, version 1.

Edited by Chinook
  • LIKE 1