Major Hurricane Milton | Peak 180mph 897 mb | Advisories Discontinued

StretchCT

• Admin
45 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Welp...that's one way to do it

Screenshot_20241009_163419_Facebook.jpg

So.. These actually work pretty well, as long as they are installed properly. Keeping the roof structurally attached to the house significantly lowers the likelihood of signficant damage to the house. 

• LIKE 1

Don’t want to let their guards down just reading some earlier posts. This is not a cold core this is not subtropical the eye got clouded this is a cat 3 heading right toward a very vulnerable bay. Just because we saw a beautiful cat 5 yesterday doesn’t take the danger away the storms chasers I see the the presentation I see on radar scope it’s not going to be good  

• LIKE 6
  • THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

Massive wedge ongoing for the PDS warning in vero beach area… pretty populated area. 

Supercellar structure is crazy on this these are producing legit tornadoes these are not hurricane tornadoes man 

animated.gif

IMG_0327.png

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, Hassaywx1223 said:

Supercellar structure is crazy on this these are producing legit tornadoes these are not hurricane tornadoes man 

animated.gif

IMG_0327.png

Storm to the north also pds. Cc drop is wild!!!!!!! This is Midwest tornado outbreak cc drop type my god! 

animated.gif

Edited by Hassaywx1223
  • SHOCKED 2
  • SAD 1
  • HOT 1

9 minutes ago, Hassaywx1223 said:

Storm to the north also pds. Cc drop is wild!!!!!!! This is Midwest tornado outbreak cc drop type my god! 

animated.gif

It was a huge wedge! Saw it on Ryall Hall. 

• THUMBS UP 2

9 minutes ago, Grace said:

It was a huge wedge! Saw it on Ryall Hall. 

Unfortunately there’s been a couple of those today. Guy sounds exhausted already and we still have a hurricane to go lol…

• LIKE 1

6 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

It looks like we are starting to see that more easterly track. animated.thumb.gif.c479f819e2236b97218913bf7773b103.gif

Pretty impressive velocities on the n/nw side.  I think people in the n/nw eyewall might be a little surprised by the winds.  

• THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Pretty impressive velocities on the n/nw side.  I think people in the n/nw eyewall might be a little surprised by the winds.  

Agreed. Some lightning taking place recently as well in the northern eyewall.

The NWS forecast that just came out still calls for gusts well over 100 mph for Tampa.  If that actually occurs, the tree damage there will be severe and of course there will be some structural damage concerns from that kind of wind alone and having trees falling on buildings.  

Edited by Hoosier
  • LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

3 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

You think the Center will be on shore within that time? I doubt it. 

Eye wall is already in Sarasota. He’s coming in now. Id estimate landfall at 7:30 or so.  

IMG_0460.png

Edited by Rickrd
  • LIKE 1