Major Hurricane Milton | Peak 180mph 897 mb | Advisories Discontinued

StretchCT

Using Ian in 2022 I checked the day 2 and day 1 outlooks 

Ian had 49 tornado warnings and 11 turned tornado’s, strongest being a ef2 the rest were under 100mph 

here are the spc write ups prior to Ian day2 and 1.  More bullish than write ups of the last couple days.  Still won’t know how many total warnings, confirmed tornadoes and strength till a much later date for Milton. Still Interesting to compare these though,  cheers and stay safe everyone down there. 

IMG_5571.gif

IMG_5572.jpeg

IMG_5573.gif

IMG_5574.jpeg

Edited by Poco
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

Satellite is useless for identifying a center at this point.  Switching to guns. (Radar)

IMG_5330.gif

IMG_5331.jpeg

Edited by Burr
  • LIKE 1

1 minute ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

who isn't el-Cheapo (like me) and has those fancy dancie radars that show storm movement? 

Not me!  I’m too cheap for that!  NWS offers this for free.

IMG_5332.gif

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 2

14 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Welp...that's one way to do it

Screenshot_20241009_163419_Facebook.jpg

Not only will that not save the roof if the winds are strong enough, it won't save the cars, it won't keep the cars or other objects from smashing into the house, it won't stop fire that pops up or spreads from adjacent properties, and it does nothing to prevent flood damage. 

• THUMBS UP 2

2 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

who isn't el-Cheapo (like me) and has those fancy dancie radars that show storm movement? 

wunderground has el-cheapo track stuff but their nexrad station stuff isn’t updating for me right now so this zoomed out composite is all I have currently

IMG_5575.gif

1 minute ago, Poco said:

wunderground has el-cheapo track stuff but their nexrad station stuff isn’t updating for me right now so this zoomed out composite is all I have currently

IMG_5575.gif

Ow - that hurt to try following (haha) 

8 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

No problem this weather geek has a spending problamo and spends $120 a year on this 💯😂

animated.gif

animated.gif

animated.gif

animated.gif

• LIKE 2
  • THANKS 1
  • LOVE 1

12 minutes ago, Hassaywx1223 said:

No problem this weather geek has a spending problamo and spends $120 a year on this 💯😂

animated.gif

animated.gif

animated.gif

animated.gif

Please keep those coming!

Tampa getting into the eyewall is almost guaranteed at this point.  The question is how much farther north does this come.  Still a possibility of landfall in the bay, but it could end up just south of there.

• LIKE 5

• Admin
1 hour ago, comeauxn712 said:

There was no talk of tornados in Central FL until a couple hours ago, it came totally out of left field for 90% of people

Just about everyone who live in Florida knows that tornados and Hurricanes go hand in hand

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

Just now, Sentinel said:

Just about everyone who live in Florida knows that tornados and Hurricanes go hand in hand

True, granted I've only lived here 11 years so I'm a fake native. I think everyone was just so focused on the unique nature of the storm, then the bands hit and everyone collectively went, "oh shoot, tornados"

• LIKE 2

8 minutes ago, Burr said:

Please keep those coming!

No problem. Currently Open eye wall to the south trying to have a double eyewall looks to miss the bay just to the south to the naked eye

Edit: the actual center of the eye not the eye wall Tampa is still not in a good situation 

animated.gif

animated.gif

Edited by Hassaywx1223
  • LIKE 1