Major Hurricane Milton | Peak 180mph 897 mb | Advisories Discontinued

StretchCT

• Admin
2 hours ago, AceGikmo said:

So what will lead to this heading north? I'm surprised that any storm this strong isn't already headed that direction... Did the ERC just disrupt the eventual northward march temporarily?

This West to East movement of a Cat 4-5 really challenges the way that we think about hurricane movement with regards to Milton.

• LIKE 2

Really crazy if you ride this out down there. Told my wife's cousin to get out. She's 2 miles from the beach north of Tampa. She's asking us to pray that it goes out to sea. FACE SLAP! 

• FACEPALM 2
  • &$!#% 2
  • THUMBS DOWN 1

1 minute ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Milton sure will be retired after one storm. Amazing explosion to a cat 5 so quickly, weakens, and then blows up to 165 again, and has to go through the loop current tonight. Just amazing.

Other than ERC’s , can’t recall too many Cat 5’s weakening, and then going all Cat 5 again

• LIKE 3
  • FIRE 1
  • LOVE 1

Just now, Rickrd said:

Really crazy if you ride this out down there. Told my wife's cousin to get out. She's 2 miles from the beach north of Tampa. She's asking us to pray that it goes out to sea. FACE SLAP! 

The divergence and convergence are beyond what I've ever seen when following any Cane. Except for a few hours overnight, it's been nearly stacked with the CoC the entire way

image.thumb.png.6de2e181f9898ae48353a8c923cb53de.png

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

5 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

165MPH!!!

What I'd say. Thing is a monster. I don't see this weakening down to a 3. It's about to be in 90+ degree hot tub time machine water.

• THUMBS UP 2

Just now, Undertakerson2.0 said:

The divergence and convergence are beyond what I've ever seen when following any Cane. Except for a few hours overnight, it's been nearly stacked with the CoC the entire way

image.thumb.png.6de2e181f9898ae48353a8c923cb53de.png

As MJ stated, this isn't the normal path, West to East. Gotta be a factor like Nor'easters intensifying

• LIKE 2

4 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Unbelievable. We may come close to making history again tonight 

I just don’t see if it challenges history tonight that it can weaken to a weaker cat 3 by landfall tomorrow night I just don’t see it with the warm water and movement regardless of shear we’ve seen this to many times in the gulf in the last 30 years 

Edited by Hassaywx1223

• The title was changed to Major Hurricane Milton | 165 mph 905 mb | ReRapid Intensification
4 minutes ago, Hassaywx1223 said:

I just don’t see if it challenges history tonight that it can weaken to a weaker cat 3 by landfall tomorrow night I just don’t see it with the warm water and movement regardless of shear we’ve seen this to many times in the gulf in the last 30 years 

Hope the shear weakens it

• Moderators

Gee I get back and leave you guys for 2 hours and look what happens.  Monster storm - eyewalls going in and out. Both with wind speeds in the 190's near 200mph.

Screenshot2024-10-08at5_34_47PM.thumb.png.e12dbfa6cc5483ee195771fd9ba40573.pngimage.thumb.png.ef75d2fe3ec2186cc729003e73d0c337.png 

• LIKE 1
  • WIND 1