Major Hurricane Milton | Peak 180mph 897 mb | Advisories Discontinued

StretchCT

1 minute ago, TLChip said:

Those last frames… getting its act together again? 

However, it does not appear that the hurricane
weakened much after the eyewall replacement, and it could have
rebounded with the outer eyewall contraction - NHC
Edited by Undertakerson2.0
  • LIKE 1

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

rewrapped but with some drier air just outside the eyewall.  Have to see how that works its way out.

Screenshot2024-10-08at11_02_06AM.png.adb0af294af176881796c8f73d12a0c3.png

Edited by StretchCT
  • LIKE 2

12 minutes ago, Poco said:

It’s not favorably interacting with land currently, I expect the combination of diurnal cycle, land and another ERC will cause a bit of stagnation until tonight once it clears a couple of those obstacles.  For now it’s battling m, watching all the different processes at work can be very educational but stressful if you have skin in the game.  Personally I don’t but I’m no expert by any measure, frankly I’m probably one step above a rambling lunatic, but I do my best 😛

I thought we were all part of the rambling lunatics organization? 🤪

• LAUGH 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

38 minutes ago, longislander said:

Because evacuation isn't easy.  Hours on the road, struggle to find hotels, running out of gas, car accidents along the escape route.  Only people in the affected storm surge zones should evacuate.  What happens here is that people outside those zones, panic and evacuate too, and they take up the hotels and roads needed for the people who should leave.  I remember when I evacuated for Sandy, family members couldn't get hotel rooms, the guy checking into the hotel next to me - lived 5 miles away from the hotel, yet he "evacuated" to it.

Easy or not it's dumb not to! Don't wait until the last minute is key as well. Make the effort & get the crap out or increase your chances of being one of those people who thought "I'll be ok" & ends up dead. 

• LOVE 1

• The title was changed to Major Hurricane Milton | 150 mph 929 mb | taking a breather
  • Moderators

A lot of focus on Tampa area but this area concerns me even more.  Particularly since the storm may hit just south of Tampa, which would relieve Tampa area of the worst, but would still hit this area perhaps worse than modeled here.  Red is 9+ feet surge, orange is 6+ and yellow is 3+.  6-9+ will ruin your home inland, destroy it coastal with wave action too. 3+ will muck it up really good.  Every barrier island is 9+.  Almost all of Cape Coral is flooded.  

Screenshot2024-10-08at11_22_48AM.png.4b6acbbe1a21bb48dd6d18741a8bd90e.png

• LIKE 1

Issue # 2,000 with this one is all the debris outside from Helene, which flooded a huge area of the state. Even a couple feet of surge is going to grab that stuff. There are blocks and blocks all over with furniture and other stuff in front yards or by the streets waiting to be disposed of.  

• LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Issue # 2,000 with this one is all the debris outside from Helene, which flooded a huge area of the state. Even a couple feet of surge is going to grab that stuff. There are blocks and blocks all over with furniture and other stuff in front yards or by the streets waiting to be disposed of.  

Come on those Floridians are hoping the ocean will take it back out to sea.🤣

6 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Also debris already free enhances the “missiles “ launched  by the winds. Debris enhances street flooding as drains get blocked,  in other words this is just plain bad no matter where it hits.  IMHO

Edited by Wtkidz
  • THUMBS UP 1

47 minutes ago, Grace said:

Easy or not it's dumb not to! Don't wait until the last minute is key as well. Make the effort & get the crap out or increase your chances of being one of those people who thought "I'll be ok" & ends up dead. 

I'd rather evacuate and have nothing happen and all I do is complain about it being waste of time blah blah blah than to stay and lose my home, our lives, etc.....

• LIKE 2

1 hour ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

I heard that they're telling people to put the debris in their garage (whatever can't be picked up in time).  Might be hard to put everything in the garage for some people though.

• THUMBS UP 2