Major Hurricane Milton | Peak 180mph 897 mb | Advisories Discontinued

StretchCT

5 minutes ago, Roger1989 said:

I'm getting a 503 service temporarily unavailable error at the NHC  website.  I hope it's not going down. It happened twice.

Same - TWC should still get their infor though to fill in the gap

• THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, Poco said:

The entire thing is pushing off the scales now 

IMG_5490.gif

With a slightly longer loop … you see the whole thing just goes BOOM

IMG_5157.gif

Pushing -90 degrees

Edited by Burr

Just now, MaineJay said:

2 hour loop.  Boosted the contrast slightly. 

ezgif-1-caa2cdce7a.gif.d369184953ab15721a5f15cf33b09b1c.gif

He’s a beaut. Textbooks will have pictures of that coc and by textbooks, I mean websites 😛 Thankfully not blasting anyone at the moment, but he’s in the bathtub and there’s no way out but through some piece of land. 

16 minutes ago, Burr said:

IMG_5155.jpeg

IMG_5156.jpeg

To put a little color around the Labor Day Storm in 1935, also known as the Long Island Express, the sustained winds were so powerful, beach sand was found 100 miles inland in NH. Cars 20 miles inland had their paint sandblasted off...20 MILES INLAND. Even if you aren't the praying type, you may want to drop one for FL. 

• SHOCKED 1
  • CYCLONE 1
  • LOVE 1

2 minutes ago, MainelySnow said:

To put a little color around the Labor Day Storm in 1935, also known as the Long Island Express, the sustained winds were so powerful, beach sand was found 100 miles inland in NH. Cars 20 miles inland had their paint sandblasted off...20 MILES INLAND. Even if you aren't the praying type, you may want to drop one for FL. 

Headed straight for Scorpion Reef.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpion_Reef

1 minute ago, MainelySnow said:

I think you are thinking of the 1938 hurricane.  1935 made landfall in the Florida Keys.  

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Burr said:

With a slightly longer loop … you see the whole thing just goes BOOM

IMG_5157.gif

Pushing -90 degrees

That eye definitely contracted.   With that outer ring flaring up, seems like maybe an ERC, but that secondary ring doesn't need closeup a whole lot.

• LIKE 1

6 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

That eye definitely contracted.   With that outer ring flaring up, seems like maybe an ERC, but that secondary ring doesn't need closeup a whole lot.

I think you’re right… we’re watching an ERC

IMG_5158.jpeg

Edited by Burr

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I think you are thinking of the 1938 hurricane.  1935 made landfall in the Florida Keys.  

Ah, you are correct. I'm not quite old enough to remember in real time 🙂  Stats are true though and we have a picture of my great-uncle's car sans paint