Major Hurricane Milton | Peak 180mph 897 mb | Advisories Discontinued

StretchCT

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Hail_On_Me said:

I'm seeing quite a few reports of reverse surge in Tampa Bay like in Ian.   Winds support it, storm motion not so much.  

Can anyone else confirm?  -0.5 so far

image.thumb.png.3f6fe02cdd76e8cae41c7e0eabd17020.png

TT allowing satellite images again… here’s the closest to landfall I can get

IMG_5362.jpeg

Edit:  TT still not letting me download a loop, and I’m not sure if that’s because of my in-flight WiFi, TT’s own restrictions, or my 2 additional bourbons.

Edited by Burr
  • LAUGH 2

I appreciate the vibe in here.  Pretty nice and mature.  Not gonna name weather boards, but elsewhere you have people basically cancelling the storm since it came in south of Tampa and will spare them the worst storm surge.  Like how tone deaf and insensitive can you be?  People watch these boards.  Plenty of folks will still be dealing with big surge, and this storm/cleanup won't exactly be a cakewalk for the Tampa area either.  

It's fine to say that such and such area looks to miss the absolute worst effects, but don't go farther and wholesale downplay the entire thing.  

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 5

6 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

You Madman!

Always a little freaky when the tornado comes to you like that.  

Also notice the dramatic shift in wind direction later in the video.

• THUMBS UP 3

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I appreciate the vibe in here.  Pretty nice and mature.  Not gonna name weather boards, but elsewhere you have people basically cancelling the storm since it came in south of Tampa and will spare them the worst storm surge.  Like how tone deaf and insensitive can you be?  People watch these boards.  Plenty of folks will still be dealing with big surge, and this storm/cleanup won't exactly be a cakewalk for the Tampa area either.  

It's fine to say that such and such area looks to miss the absolute worst effects, but don't go farther and wholesale downplay the entire thing.  

Couldn't agree more. This storms a hundred miles north and the destruction would be incredible. Like others posted the past few days, I have 2 uncle's in the area, one with 2 masters degrees and the other with a PhD and they both decided to "hunker down". Well I hope they are both ok and sounds like now they should be but that's too close a call for me. Acknowledging that it was/will be devastating for so many.

• LOVE 2

13 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

To emphasize your great post, yes Tampa dodged the storm surge, but they are in the worst part of the storm in every other way- heavy, heavy winds, heaviest of the rains, and probably the highest outages.

• LIKE 3

(And I’ve landed… thanks everyone for sharing the info you had available!  Hoosier and BosaNova nailed it.  This is the best forum for weather discussion without any drama or politics!)

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 2

24 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

On one of the 5 weather channels i get, they said radar estimates of up to 12 inches of rainfall already in the St. Pete/ Tampa area??? They are in the powerful northern band of this storm, so maybe??

Apparently, this could be accurate. St. Pete area been in the 5 inch per hour rates!!

• LIKE 2
  • SAD 1

Just now, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

To emphasize your great post, yes Tampa dodged the storm surge, but they are in the worst part of the storm in every other way- heavy, heavy winds, heaviest of the rains, and probably the highest outages.

Yes, they’ve dodged one bullet, but the fight is still going.  As I say with all these storms, people should hold judgement about outcomes for a day or two.  You aren’t getting all the info yet.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2