Cat 4 Hurricane Helene | 140mph 938mb | Landfall Big Bend/Perry

StretchCT

4 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Yes sir,

However...

Shear schmear! 

Helene's doing this amidst notable Deep Shear. It is taking advantage of the Gulf loop of hot tub level water, plus it's being vented by very stout divergence. 

image.thumb.png.9af61d1345fddd5f13b6d92c6bea20fb.png

Sounds like another block buster movie…

If she stays on track she is going right into Appalachee Bay. Tallahassee looks like it’s going to take a whack but if you were going to pick a spot for this storm to come ashore, this is about the least populated area you can find  

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

If this state of intensification is maintained through landfall, that will also have ramifications for wind potential farther inland.  Would be a more efficient gust producer for longer.

• LIKE 4

• The title was changed to Cat 4 Hurricane Helene | 130mph 947mb | strengthening a lot and fast
  • Moderators

Surge, wind, pressure can be found on stations on the Tides and Currents page. A lot of stations on the west coast of FL are coming off their low tides now and surges are looking like between 4-5 feet from Naples up to Tampa.

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/map/index.html

Going onto the hurricane link also gets you flood info

image.thumb.png.a586bb30f9f4a9fc160f39dc3798efd0.png 

Edited by StretchCT

• Moderators

The drop closest to the coast, 20 miles off Clearwater, has surface winds of 86mph. It's over 90 miles from the center. Yet on shore, there are some gusts to TS force. The buoy off shore just south of Tampa does have 68kt gusts.

Screenshot2024-09-26at6_52_10PM.thumb.png.5e29700b2dca9b1ba3cadb04ec88c076.png

• WOW 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

The drop closest to the coast, 20 miles off Clearwater, has surface winds of 86mph. It's over 90 miles from the center. Yet on shore, there are some gusts to TS force. The buoy off shore just south of Tampa does have 68kt gusts.

Screenshot2024-09-26at6_52_10PM.thumb.png.5e29700b2dca9b1ba3cadb04ec88c076.png

Wow.

• THUMBS UP 1

3 hours ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Yesterday, I mentioned that I felt this would settle at mid 940's. I might not have been far off. (and I hate it when I'm right sometimes) 

Sitting at 943.6mb extrapolated... An hour till landfall, I could see it hit high 930's.

Edited by Neoncyclone
  • FLUSHED 1

• The title was changed to Cat 4 Hurricane Helene | 130mph 945mb | strengthening a lot and fast
  • Moderators

NEver seen this pattern before, kinda worried now. I've seen them loop around looking for a good spot to drop, but it almost looks like they are trying to rotate around inside the eye. The drop had a pressure of 944. 

image.thumb.png.46eb4a7c15a3c124d1820396c51fc8ae.png