Cat 4 Hurricane Helene | 140mph 938mb | Landfall Big Bend/Perry

StretchCT

2 hours ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

And this doesn't even count the rain from yesterday which already inundated them. 

I still say S Apps catch hell with this - even more so than FL

image.thumb.png.0a20c8c8bc4aac14f5fc8bc71e5fcebf.png

My wife and I were vacationing in Asheville this week, visiting Biltmore and such. It’s been raining on and off for days, with heavy rain late yesterday and much of the night. We were supposed to be there until tomorrow, but left this morning with minor flooding already started… all before Helene even gets there. Words being used are “historic,” “catastrophic,” and “life threatening” flooding expected.

• LIKE 4

3 minutes ago, Dr Tom said:

My wife and I were vacationing in Asheville this week, visiting Biltmore and such. It’s been raining on and off for days, with heavy rain late yesterday and much of the night. We were supposed to be there until tomorrow, but left this morning with minor flooding already started… all before Helene even gets there. Words being used are “historic,” “catastrophic,” and “life threatening” flooding expected.

That's why you're wise enough to be a doctor, Dr 

Safe travels if you're not home yet

• THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators

Current surge, at low tide, Old Port Tampa is 4ft. I never noticed that there's not a 6 hr difference between tides.  High tide was 842am. Low tide 5:39PM.  Next high tide isn't predicted until 1:58 am.

Screenshot2024-09-26at5_21_25PM.png.93e55310c7d6080fea030d6d551997b2.png

Same with St Pete

Screenshot2024-09-26at5_22_55PM.thumb.png.0b1e600b76459b23fc41c21444e81d8b.png

image.thumb.png.60adcd9ad0a83cb1ed5bfd086d5fd6a4.png

• Moderators

Just thankful that it's heading where it's headed.  Poor Cedar Key, but the population density isn't much in that part of FL and there's not a lot of coastal building. 

fig2.jpg.45ee79eb0c6666a9c840cffd6748d755.jpg

• LIKE 1

Latest mimic Infra

IMG_5294.gif.c18c951374e47642e5d27ca548167a89.gif
consolidated amazingly quick for a cane this size and with no real official erc that I recall, maybe a pseudo one last night off the Yucatán, would be nice if it decided to try one now. There a faint sign of a double ring at the very end of the loop 

Edited by Poco
  • LIKE 1

22 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

The final Cat # is academic, at best, at this juncture. 

We know what's coming - no time left to slow this train wreck about to happen.

May Providence watch over the unfortunates who will not or could not put themselves out of harms way. 

And prayers for the folks who are willing to try and rescue them.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 3

Mam sometimes you are right about something and you just wish you weren't. I fear that the fake out last night and all day today made some people stay behind that shouldn't have. This is gonna be a bad one yall.  There's no escaping the excess heat and moisture available to these storms these days. If you take away shear an dry air they are going to blow up. Every. Single. Time. 

• THUMBS UP 2

1 minute ago, 1816 said:

Mam sometimes you are right about something and you just wish you weren't. I fear that the fake out last night and all day today made some people stay behind that shouldn't have. This is gonna be a bad one yall.  There's no escaping the excess heat and moisture available to these storms these days. If you take away shear an dry air they are going to blow up. Every. Single. Time. 

Yes sir,

However...

Shear schmear! 

Helene's doing this amidst notable Deep Shear. It is taking advantage of the Gulf loop of hot tub level water, plus it's being vented by very stout divergence. 

image.thumb.png.9af61d1345fddd5f13b6d92c6bea20fb.png

• FACEPALM 1
  • WIND 1