Hurricane Debby | peak 80mph 979 mb | downgraded, now a Debby Downer

StretchCT

29 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

Currently right here and it’s just raining lakes worths of the water and it looks like I’ll be in the deluge for quite a while.

IMG_3808.jpeg

Uhh looking at that radar stretch posted below your post I think if I were you I'd find a hotel for the night right now. No way I'm driving through all that mess. Either that or head to Ohio via Memphis. 

1 minute ago, 1816 said:

Uhh looking at that radar stretch posted below your post I think if I were you I'd find a hotel for the night right now. No way I'm driving through all that mess. Either that or head to Ohio via Memphis. 

I’m about 15 Weat of Jennings Florida. Close to the GA/FL boarder. Once we get close to Valdosta we should be good. It is gusty and that rain is dumping. Just about further and we should be in the clear. 

Edit: just crossed into Georgia.

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

We’re finally about out of the rain. Been driving almost 4 hours straight in rain. From St.Simon to Jacksonville to where we are now maybe 10 miles north of Tifton Ga. Was a wild ride at times. A lot of standing water, heavy rain the whole way, gusty winds.. so quite a few cars that had run off the road. Just saw a jack knifed truck about 20 minutes ago.

In the clear now though. Finally just some light rain.

• LIKE 5
  • THUMBS UP 1

LHV (Lehigh Valley in PA), E MD/ DE/ NJ  definitely still in the game for the ERO QPF high end totals. It seems as though the Op run Euro stands alone with tossing back huge amount back my way in the SRV (Susquehanna River Valley). Once up this far N, the trough will either kick it out or speed it up - full capture does not look to be in the cards RN 

• LIKE 2

• The title was changed to Hurricane Debby | peak 80mph 979 mb | 50mph 994 mb inland
  • The title was changed to Hurricane Debby | peak 80mph 979 mb | 45mph 998 mb inland
2 hours ago, StretchCT said:

Just dawned on me that I may have to update the title like 78 more times this week before its gone. 

Updates, Updates + More Updates. An Easy To Read Update On Where Things… |  by Galactic | Medium

Had TWC on. So you have new moon high tides in SC and Georgia . They may have to go through 4-5 more of those. Plus storm surge. And then the rainfall- they had 12-20 more inches estimated to come. There just won’t be anywhere for the water to go. 
Plus the not easily predicted possibility of storm restrengthening as it gets back to open water. Not good at all.

Can’t help but wonder if this storm had been much stronger would the effect have  been much less after the initial hit in Florida . 

• LIKE 1

• The title was changed to Hurricane Debby | peak 80mph 979 mb | 45mph 999 mb inland
  • Moderators

Top CoCoRAHS reports - these are from the 24 hrs prior to the obs time.  So Green Pond would be from 715am 8/5 to 7:15 8/6. 

Screenshot2024-08-06at9_00_46AM.thumb.png.0b2d1a0c5b01151fdce660296126f78d.png

• SHOCKED 1
  • FLUSHED 2

• Moderators