April 2-5, 2024 | NE/Mid-Atl "Springter" Nor'Easter

MaineJay

• Admin

Coming down pretty good still.  Everything appears to be white.  Pictures might look like black and white photography. 

30.5°  power still on.

Eyeballing 8-10"  I'll have to snowblow a path to get my trash out.   Worst day for trash pickup, and they come early to my road. 

• LIKE 1
  • SAD 1
  • &$!#% 1
  • SNOWMAN 3

• Admin

Off to move some snow, then get the genny ready for when the wife wakes up. At least everything is cancelled today, so we are snowbound.

• LIKE 1

We received a call from the school with a 2 hour delay so I didn't expect too much.  I just measured 4" and the snow is still coming down.    We have no wind so far so the trees are laden with snow.

AP1GczMOPlToHfSh43DILoWCmN3Vi-hurbnkCnkdeCxz4HGw9J5AZjj6LTE-bgYxYaFDt0XQoOFiMRAiSk4r6wQZpbjLd1JnkzfGvhJslrhOOPaGJFXDcpzTQmNvi1fSco9S6tZVxJYTPdNJaGSJ8xVx_tBa_55Z0pczmj-YmAC7RR5JWXnVXmUY3ZTdr3U4yGNftBkoMpaE1CLfBSDUYsKrbkbD5AtfB9tF3fr058miXvDXgAXmAbdaJgo_by1Im0tG_TY3lZLisuQEKDParcc7otlzDisemUDuclr7F2bGarKJbpeMnOo31egy1AmgOWtRxl3nQyIK5t0sE5v2KLD4WMerpXQvGn72huYsdFp8o4dKDPsbVMDBXfJ_EiaI8bYbX8Ix8uaXLgYiENBaHIDs5Y_YWiNW71YnB8-ybU3MXs4xLHpLXdJPBOrT1vj0RO4yS5mLgxSa5dWQ6YUqL_U166RCeMyWijdEsXk7cBSVEvOoRE3-7SFtE1YBQUj5aAzQwcmWzljH6XNL4KaFlXF53CwdHuZXVHvyBm0-doBYg47gUFFcNAFO0BlPNyYdqUMPLcwQIVxXz8m-wJf3P37ksEEKV64OpOp9Gyq4d7D8hLewu4dLP7RiDHVKGRF1TYu9zJ-_9UxRcEc9qRSF827llYd5cjh9EVMJOYUXu6jQySDgX-109L1gSMtRfxbfiP3x3bm6eMC-0DCZ1EF0dIaeekrMgMowyN3bZY4D8lzhRqmOp0K5zTrSg9IojS81NblYVYJBkP8IsJl31Usux-tHMOokRAIAq2DOmcECE0OubxJlAi6oCPIa-YoD0iZNkei7QZicGBY-V9K-RRbHaaJ1L8NJZEgnxJqPh15MHkgtKlsgWWU862B-CrKEK_IBzJcHcVpITKq8jdwc479iXfm_elIei7XNBxMtmObmy49dEEe5f4xwq2lTBNWzGeGhu0vOEavAyQK1CZP4oBK7NTbGbD4WKcAokNMyTbyFefxYGpcDfqea8q7IO7Z-v2vh2K-iIKB5=w1649-h928-s-no-gm?authuser=0

• LIKE 3

Winds howling all night and still are. 34 degrees, less than an inch of sleet/snow on the ground with sleet/rain coming down. Power's still on so that's good.

• LIKE 1

18 minutes ago, BossaNova said:

Globe says as of 7:30am Central Maine Power reporting 173,000 customers w/o power, 100,000 in New Hampshire and 13,000 in Mass.

238000+ customers without power in Southern Maine

• SHOCKED 2

The snow continues with sleet mixing in on occasion.  This morning's low temperature is the current 29ºF.  It really has not been that windy with 15mph gusts recorded overnight.  I just measured 6" of snow/sleet.

StormTotalSnow.jpg

Edited by jbrumberg
  • LIKE 3
  • SNOWMAN 2
  • LOVE 1

The NWS just upgraded us to a Winter Storm Warning.  I think the worst has passed.  I just got back from dropping my son at work and my road had not been plowed before I left.  I think the plow guy saw the same forecast I saw last night saying we'd get about an inch of snow because of the warmth.  

832 AM EDT Thu Apr 4 2024

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EDT FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow. Additional snow accumulations of 3 to 6
inches for a storm total of 5 to 12 inches. Winds gusting as
high as 50 mph.

* WHERE...Grand Isle, Western Franklin, Western Chittenden,
Western Addison and Western Rutland Counties.

* WHEN...Until 6 AM EDT Friday.

* IMPACTS...Travel will be very difficult, especially this
morning. Gusty winds could bring down tree branches and result
in scattered power outages.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snowfall rates could exceed one inch per
hour at times this morning.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

35 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Snowing out here.  Have about a tenth to two tenths of an inch on grass and deck. Pavement wet. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5c13ab3b5eef4643c1685e866b6e9dda.jpeg

What is your temp down that way?  We are hovering at 32F here.

• LIKE 1

• Moderators

Wind shift just made it in time to stop further flooding today. Still a lot of moderate flooding reported.  Only the Freeport station has major flooding.

image.thumb.png.c26ff95d3ccdedc64064bd03fb1e4205.png

• LIKE 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, TheRex said:

What is your temp down that way?

Bottomed out at 33 during the heavier precip. Now up to 35 as it's ending.  Oh wait, another batch popped up.

• LIKE 1