April 2-5, 2024 | NE/Mid-Atl "Springter" Nor'Easter

MaineJay

• Moderators

Coastal flooding forecast to major on LI

image.thumb.png.298907e33379434fb066406fcbdbf2fa.png

Close to major in Bridgeport.  It's really windy out there now.  Heading out.

image.thumb.png.8ae82698794b5ae15222d301171b5be3.png

• WOW 1

Interesting, drive home from work and its full on sleeting out there now. Maybe the heavy precip rates flipped it. Does almost look like some snow is mixing in with it. Call me surprised..

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

13 minutes ago, Jacksonjeff said:

Another hail storm

IMG_9295.mov 52.54 MB · 2 downloads  

So far with this storm I've seen rain, graupel, sleet and snow.  My phone is even saying that there is a chance for lightning.  I hope like hell we don't have to deal with any hail.  Those can be some of the worst property damaging storms.

• THUMBS UP 1

• Admin

image.thumb.jpeg.be0dbdb240256b95ceaaaad00e81a30f.jpeg

I’m can almost “see” 36 inches from the hill near my house i.e. Katahdin, yet somehow I might only get an inch or two. 

image.jpeg.625f3a77b7cd2e4f9dbeb349478905e3.jpeg

Edit: On the upside, that will leave open more options for eclipse locations on Monday. 

• LIKE 2
  • SNOWMAN 2

I think I had almost 5" of rain the last 3 days from this system.  I had to guess at Monday's totals because my 1.5 year old drank the water from the gauge before I checked it.

• LAUGH 4
  • TROPHY 1

it's actually pretty slick out there, I almost fell down the front steps lol

This changeover a little early, right? Sure it'll change back once radar lightens up but sheesh, most sleet I've seen all season. This is just the beginning with the storm just starting to emerge from the coast.

• LIKE 3
  • WOW 2

• Admin

Starting to snow hard enough to allow some surfaces to begin taking on accumulations. 

Down to 33.6°. Hoping to get below freezing soon and stay there to mitigate some stickage.  

• LIKE 1
  • SNOWMAN 2
  • LOVE 1

15 minutes ago, NHSparky said:

Puking sleet currently 

It's been here too, the plows were out plowing the asphalt but they were salting too. Half inch of sleet so far here. It's a mix now but when those bands come in. Temp is 34 atm here

Edited by tool483
  • LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

At 8:45 pm, we are at 36F with a mixture of rain and snow.  BTV has cut down our totals but seems to raised them in some of the higher elevations.  It seems we may see a lot of white rain here then.

• THUMBS UP 2

Binghamton appears to be in a donut hole— very little precipitation has fallen in the last few hours, and the temperature is still in the upper-30s and falling very slowly. This April could join March, December, and November as months with less snowfall than normal there.