April 2-5, 2024 | NE/Mid-Atl "Springter" Nor'Easter

MaineJay

Okay.....I'm not thrilled with this, we could get another foot, ontop of the 14" 9 days ago.   At least the last snow has melted.  Boy, interior Maine could get hammered!  Well, fun to watch.  Thanks for all your insights....I learn so much here.

• LIKE 5

An hour ago Accuweather was predicting 11-15" of snow for Buxton, Maine. TWC was predicting 14-23". Then suddenly the predictions were 4-8" and 11-19". Something happened, what? 

22 minutes ago, buxtonian said:

An hour ago Accuweather was predicting 11-15" of snow for Buxton, Maine. TWC was predicting 14-23". Then suddenly the predictions were 4-8" and 11-19". Something happened, what? 

I’ll leave it to the better model readers but to me it looks like that low might curl in over you instead of riding the coast?  For me it just might cut down on the tree damage.

• LIKE 1

11 minutes ago, Wayuphere said:

I’ll leave it to the better model readers but to me it looks like that low might curl in over you instead of riding the coast?  For me it just might cut down on the tree damage.

where are you? Doesnt say on your profile. Be safe!

1 hour ago, Wayuphere said:

Great question, I went from 3-6 to just cold rain again here in southern NH. It's been this same garbage all winter. 34 and rain

• YUCK 1

From the National Weather Service (Gray):

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...

WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations greater than 18 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.

My vision of hell: Our 900' muddy and rutted driveway, covered with deep wet snow, mixed with downed branches and trees. It will be a nightmare to clear with our tractor mounted snow blower. Hope I have enough shear bolts.

Ugh!

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1
  • THINKING 1
  • DISAPPOINTED 1

• Admin
49 minutes ago, buxtonian said:

From the National Weather Service (Gray):

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...

WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations greater than 18 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.

My vision of hell: Our 900' muddy and rutted driveway, covered with deep wet snow, mixed with downed branches and trees. It will be a nightmare to clear with our tractor mounted snow blower. Hope I have enough shear bolts.

Ugh!

I guess we hope that it is mostly sleet. 

Screenshot_20240401_181448_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a5fad8d82db3185eda832be414e2372.jpg

• SHOCKED 1
  • WOW 1

A Winter Storm Watch in effect here as well.  The 🚜 refueled and ready to go = a probable rain, freezing rain, and icing event with a couple of flakes mixed in.  We'll see.

and a new snow graphic:

StormTotalSnow.jpg

• LIKE 2

At this time, based on this map, it sure looks like Caribou doesn’t believe it will take the usual run along the coast.  I would think there will be some amazing (destructive) storm snow totals but just a few miles to the east, slop.  Edited to add, in southern/western Maine.

IMG_4774.png

Edited by Wayuphere
  • THINKING 2

• Admin

Quite the protracted event.   The convection that fired last night and what blossoms today plays a role in how our event unfolds.  

Screenshot_20240402_065211_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89866cc73a6560510b1a7782083d64f6.jpg

• LIKE 1

My area in NW VT got NAM'd by the 12Z.  It is still snowing in some places at the end of this run also. 

snku_acc-imp.us_ne.png

• SNOWMAN 2
  • LOVE 1