April 8, 2024 | Eclipse Weather

Hiramite

• Moderators

The temperature drop was amazing...was 58F on the drive over to buddy's house down the road at 2:30. By the drive home at about 5:30, temps had dropped to 41F. Had to take a pic of car themo just as proof. I thought it was just suppose to a few degrees....not almost a 20F drop. Guessing the snow helped with the quick decline...

IMG_8420.jpeg

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1
  • WOW 1
  • LOVE 1

Just got home.  Took longer than usual of course, but the drive home went much better than 2017.  Never even attempted to take I-65, and it's a good thing because per traffic maps, that looks like it is still backed up for about 60 miles.

• LIKE 3

A little in reporting but…

This was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen hands down. It was full on sun, almost not even a cloud in sight for a while and temps near  80. went to Harrison Ohio to I think Miami Whitewater Forest park or something. It was packed! Right before totality cool gusty winds happened and the temps dropped dramatically in totality. I’m so happy I was off today and was able to experience this. 

IMG_3066.jpeg

IMG_3074.jpeg

IMG_3075.jpeg

IMG_3076.jpeg

Edited by Snow____
  • LIKE 2
  • LOVE 4

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

My thoughts/observations:

It was like Christmas morning, so much preparation and anticipation then its over rather quickly....but you don't want to miss it.

The sun is actually pretty "small" when its high in the sky.

It didn't get as dark as I expected but a couple planets still visible.

Turnpike traffic wasn't too bad other than a couple lengthy 20mph slowdowns in construction zones. (Maybe because I was in the middle of the totality zone the whole 35 mile trip.)

Is "post-eclipse let-down" a thing??

What else you folks got????

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 7

My family and I drove 2 hr north west to near the centerline of the totality. Amazing experience for us. The only down side is a golf  cart blocking access to a public park with a playground we planned on, and the school lot we pulled into trying to charge us $40 to park in a sparsely filled lot. Thankfully a good Samaritan walked over with a spare ticket to save the day. 

20240408_150959.jpg

20240408_151301.jpg

20240408_151122.jpg

• LIKE 3
  • LOVE 4

6 hours ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

I really just have no words, I'm still getting waterworks just rewatching this raw video i put together, pure amateur shaky footage, but it's real and will never be forgotten.  It's hard to comprehend

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/23n3tXBSyuXhXb5M/?mibextid=oFDknk

Just realized I forgot I had to make the post public 🙃