April 8, 2024 | Eclipse Weather

Hiramite

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Good luck to everyone today!  If you're able to see the eclipse, it will move you in some way.  Whether it's joy, tears, awe, or whatever.  If it doesn't, then quite frankly there's something wrong with you.  :classic_wink:

Still not quite sure where I'm headed.  Will grab some breakfast and then make a decision.  Pretty much know I'm not remaining in Indy (want to get as close to center as possible and avoid the extra traffic that will be occurring in the Indy area).

Spoiler alert.  Pretty sure I'll cry. 🥲

• THUMBS UP 2

Electronic sign on the highway on the way to work this morning said

"Eclipse today, no stopping on road".  

Oh, so its ok for us to come to a complete dead stop during rush hour for no apparent reason, but if we have a real reason, i.e. the eclipse, we're not allowed to stop?  Yeah makes sense.  🤦‍♂️

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

Sunny but wispy thin clouds this morning.  That will change.  Short range ensemble says lots of clouds for me but the thickness is very thin.  

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

Spoiler alert.  Pretty sure I'll cry. 🥲

I'm sure many of you remember the "double rainbow" video.  Maybe MJ might be the viral sensation, this time with the eclipse. 😉

• LAUGH 4

6 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

I'm sure many of you remember the "double rainbow" video.  Maybe MJ might be the viral sensation, this time with the eclipse. 😉

Saw a few of them.  Best one was in Massachusetts some years ago.

• LIKE 1

By the way, I did test out my eclipse glasses by pointing my car towards the sun, donning the glasses, and start driving.  Now I know the parking lot very well as I park here all the time, and it has no speed bumps.  Yet, after I started driving, I kept hitting a lot of speed bumps.  Also odd noises such as "owww" and "that hurts" and "hey watch where you're going" were heard.  All stopped after I stopped the car and took off the glasses.  Very strange.

• LAUGH 3

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Rush said:

@MaineJay

How reliable do you think this?  Shows clearing here as the morning progresses.

LstMplsSNATXcsk.thumb.gif.cac01d6a6af05346810407ddc0b7bd30.gif

I think they are decent, sometimes too pessimistic, at least up my way.  I honestly think you could get some breaks. 

• THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

I think they are decent, sometimes too pessimistic, at least up my way.  I honestly think you could get some breaks. 

Low cloud deck has significantly eroded over the last two hours.PXL_20240408_131208934.thumb.jpg.235500c7ced1b28a6b52826c26e0dec7.jpg

• LIKE 4

My wife and I and youngest daughter and a friend traveled on Saturday to Cleveland Ohio area to watch the eclipse. We have a friend who lives in Westlake Ohio and we're staying with him.  About 12/ 15 miles WSW of Cleveland.

Was a little worried about cloud cover looking at the models the last few days.  It rained overnight but at 10 am this morning we got sunshine and blue skies just to the west of us. 

PXL_20240408_141425049.jpg

• LIKE 3

Current status.  Thin clouds.  Taken quickly with a cell phone and solar filter held on by velcro.  Plan on using my camera with a solar lens.  

IMG_20240408_103455980.jpg

IMG_20240408_103504828.jpg

IMG_20240408_103505628.jpg

Edited by clm