March 21-April 3, 2024 | Severe Weather/Potential Tornado Outbreak

10 minutes ago, cperry29 said:

Trend or hiccup? 

IMG_2216.png

I wouldn't rely too much on just the STP, one of the reasons it shows weaker STP is because there are actually more storms in the vicinity taking advantage of those ingredients, that's what all the voids that pop up in the warm sector are. Moisture is still there, and the directional shear doesn't look quite as impressive as before, but still plenty to set the stage for a significant severe event.  Right now, I'd say a slight shift south and farther west into Indiana for the moderate by next outlook. 

image.thumb.png.1698d56fe40de98de548aa0d511f2dd8.png

image.png.9b060ac3a6fa03e213403ade185ea73c.png

5 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

I wouldn't rely too much on just the STP, one of the reasons it shows weaker STP is because there are actually more storms in the vicinity taking advantage of those ingredients, that's what all the voids that pop up in the warm sector are. Moisture is still there, and the directional shear doesn't look quite as impressive as before, but still plenty to set the stage for a significant severe event.  Right now, I'd say a slight shift south and farther west into Indiana for the moderate by next outlook. 

image.thumb.png.1698d56fe40de98de548aa0d511f2dd8.png

image.png.9b060ac3a6fa03e213403ade185ea73c.png

Yeah HRRR that @snowlover2 posted looks sloppy, which I’m cool with. I don’t like seeing the threat shift anywhere tbh. 

what I think is most important is that multiple convective lines will happen, over a large area, down to Mississippi tomorrow. Here is the HRRR for 22z. Every area will have a chance of supercells. Although I must say that the 12km NAM doesn't have much instability for northern Ohio.

Untitled.png

Edited by Chinook
  • LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
Posted (edited)

HREF mean STP is down from 12z, but this big of an area of 2-4 STP with 4-6 embedded within, that's still a big deal... especially when it overlaps with multiple strong UH tracks. 

Y9uLAJ5.png

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 2

16 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

HREF mean STP is down from 12z, but this big of an area of 2-4 STP with 4-6 embedded within, that's still a big deal... especially when it overlaps with multiple UH tracks. Hope it keeps decreasing.

Y9uLAJ5.png

Don’t like the fact that UH Track over butler and Warren county goes right over my house 🙃

• LIKE 1

54 minutes ago, Chinook said:

what I think is most important is that multiple convective lines will happen, over a large area, down to Mississippi tomorrow. Here is the HRRR for 22z. Every area will have a chance of supercells. Although I must say that the 12km NAM doesn't have much instability for northern Ohio.

Untitled.png

I would think the stalling of the front would definitely inhibit the parameters this far north anyways. 

Edited by NWOhioChaser

• Meteorologist
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, OxfordOh_ said:

Don’t like the fact that UH Track over butler and Warren county goes right over my house 🙃

PSA (not directed at you necessarily)... don't take comfort or discomfort in any UH track that a model shows. Models won't get it exactly right this far out, and details regarding the environment will become far more clear when the sun rises tomorrow. Still a guessing game at this point.

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 1

Not talked about a ton here but the amount of precipitation with this storm complex is bonkers. The storm approaching Ohio started in Indiana and has taken almost 4 hours to cross the state and there’s rain all the way back to the Illinois Missouri border. Incredible. 

• LIKE 2

• The title was changed to March 21-April 3, 2024 | Severe Weather/Potential Tornado Outbreak