March 21-April 3, 2024 | Severe Weather/Potential Tornado Outbreak

11 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Looks like it's clearing behind this round of storms. Very bad sign

Screenshot_20240402-063749_Chrome.jpg

Yes - also seen in the other meso analysis such as the pressure falls, lapse rates, MULI etc. Already those conditions are moving more favorable to later deterioration. 

image.thumb.png.629833a0a073cbc684f38d933fdc39e8.png

7 hours ago, ak9971 said:

Not talked about a ton here but the amount of precipitation with this storm complex is bonkers. The storm approaching Ohio started in Indiana and has taken almost 4 hours to cross the state and there’s rain all the way back to the Illinois Missouri border. Incredible. 

Yes!  My backyard which has a good French drain system, is a complete lake this morning!

• Admin

That was probably one of the worst commutes I've ever had. Driving in a thunderstorm with standing/ponding water on the roads and already looking at terrible flooding. I do NOT like that it's moving quickly and looks to clear in a few hours.

Crazy heavy rain on the way in around 7 AM this morning.  For those in the Columbus area, if your familiar with Sunbury/Morse, I could not see the UDF across the street when i was coming down the hill on Sunbury towards the signal at Morse.  Unbelievable!

The rains that moved through the South Dayton area came down at over 8 inches an hour rain rate at the house.  Intense!

• SHOCKED 4

Picked up .47 more overnight. Storm total is sitting just under 2.5” for the event. Morning rain underway, will be interesting to see if clearing will make it up this way today. 

Edited by NWOhioChaser

71 in both directions in Worthington had 2 lanes under water. ODOT plows were out pushing water into sewer drains, which is the most work those plows have seen in years 😂 

• LAUGH 5
  • TROPHY 3

• Admin

And the clearing is (sadly) right on schedule. I actually thought when I first woke up that it was going to be gross and rain-filled all day.. but it's weakening and moving so fast. 😞

• FLUSHED 1

I can see how some scattered development ahead of the front can mess with the instability. We'll see if that happens as much as some models have. If there is more time to destabilize the atmosphere watch out..

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, mafa said:

Clearing is on the horizon though298D102C-BA51-4148-8D89-377662D0DDDF.thumb.jpeg.71375e1f64cba1b634119b27bd325e81.jpeg

Yep…but every hour extra of cloud cover is an hour less of destabilization.  I’m going to grasp at every straw!

Just now, Columbusbuckeye said:

I'm not liking how quickly things are clearing out to the west. I'm very concerned about how things are going to play out this afternoon.  I'm just hoping the kids are all home from school before the bad storms move in.  

I’ve seen a lot of schools are having an early release. I kept my daughter home from school today just in case  

• LOVE 1