March 12-16, 2024 | Severe Weather/Tornado Outbreak

11 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

This was 1 of the very few times I was genuinely concerned tonight looking at this shot. Luckily only power loss, will assess any outside damage tomorrow but the news coming out of Indian lake is horrifying. Hope you all stayed safe.

KILN - Super-Res Velocity 1, 8_48 PM.png

Agreed. I pulled up Radarscope and my jaw dropped. Never seen a live radar return in my area quite as obviously dangerous.

• SHOCKED 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

12 minutes ago, Bman10 said:

Funny NWS never issued enhanced even during the update. 

hope everyone impacted by tornadoes are ok and find help and support 

Surprised me too, I even posted a picture of where i'd put the enhanced last night before I went to sleep fully expecting portions of Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio to get an enhanced. To be fair, the outbreak in Ohio was more intense than most models picked up on, but I was worried about Indiana since last night. 

• LIKE 1

I am in Marysville and that was the most sacred I've ever been in a storm. I was shaking so hard I freaked the kids out. Seeing something so huge and confirmed moving towards your house is extremely unnerving.  Prayers for Logan County.

• LIKE 3
  • SAD 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

Terrible to hear all the reports out of parts of Ohio and Indiana tonight. We had some action around the Findlay/Hancock County area but were fortunate to avoid the worst. Indeed there were twins here with 4 total funnels. Have not seen it posted yet so thought I’d share photo and video. 

IMG_7797.thumb.jpeg.a46d0b113c3d9bc944feced1ef2ff87d.jpeg

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1
  • FLUSHED 1

Getting some lightning now. Love a good light show at night. 
Hope when daylight hits it’s not as bad as it looks now in Winchester and Indian Lake. Praying the missing are found safe and sound.

• THUMBS UP 2

Looks like the storms heading into Cincy are strengthening but don’t know if it’ll strengthen enough to give me a lunch before it gets here. It’d knocking on the door now

• LIKE 1

IMG_9670.thumb.png.e018739ccb996bce6f74ab38a822438b.png

Here’s a video that I took of tonight’s tornado in Delaware. This video (facing northwest) likely captured it as it was approaching Rt 23.  It passed about 1/8 of a mile to my north. There is a lot of damage in the area, including the high/ middle school. I saw some large trees and power lines snapped and it did a lot of damage in a large residential neighborhood.  I will post more pictures tomorrow, but it’s kind of a mess at the moment.  Apologies in advance for my voice narration in the video. 😉😂

IMG_9670.png

IMG_9687.png

Edited by Columbusbuckeye
  • LIKE 1
  • FLUSHED 1
  • SAD 1
  • WOW 1

10 minutes ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

IMG_9670.thumb.png.e018739ccb996bce6f74ab38a822438b.png

Here’s a video that I took of tonight’s tornado in Delaware. This video (facing northwest) likely captured it as it was approaching Rt 23.  It passed about 1/8 of a mile to my north. There is a lot of damage in the area, including the high/ middle school. I saw some large trees and power lines snapped and it did a lot of damage in a large residential neighborhood.  I will post more pictures tomorrow, but it’s kind of a mess at the moment.  Apologies in advance for my voice narration in the video. 😉😂

IMG_9670.png

IMG_9687.png

Apologies in advance if this post comes through jumbled.  My power is out and I have sporadic internet at the moment.  I just wanted to share this with you all! 

• LIKE 1
  • WOW 1

Hope everyone here made it out from these storms safe. Thankfully, my area missed out on any severe weather. Just some lightning and brief heavy rain. 

• LIKE 2
  • THANKS 1