February 23-24 2024 | Minor Snow Possibility

snowlover2

My beef is more aligned with the trash snow depth maps that make people beleive the snow cant stick just because its been warm. These I feel like should just be discontinued. Last night's 00z nam as a reference point compared to all the real time reports of 2-4"

snod-imp.us_mw (1).png

snku_acc-imp.us_mw (3).png

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • TROPHY 1

59 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

My beef is more aligned with the trash snow depth maps that make people beleive the snow cant stick just because its been warm. These I feel like should just be discontinued. Last night's 00z nam as a reference point compared to all the real time reports of 2-4"

snod-imp.us_mw (1).png

I completely agree. That particular model showed zilch for my area but I ended up with 1 inch. Thankfully we’re not alone and local Mets still forecasted at least a half inch. 

I will say that I also have thought that ground temps makes or breaks a forecast. It can certainly be 5-10 or even 15 degrees above average and snow the next day and stick.

3 hours ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

snod-imp.us_mw (1).png

Snow depth maps are just a tool, like anything else.  Will work better in certain setups than others, such as ones with light rates AND marginal temps.  

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Snow depth maps are just a tool, like anything else.  Will work better in certain setups than others, such as ones with light rates AND marginal temps.  

Oh I get that, so was the DGEX, I alike them to each other 😅

1 hour ago, Indygirl said:

I’m really pulling for one, more, fun snow for us here!

pleasepleaseplease!! Maybe a good 6” for early March??! 
🤣🥰

I recall two big snows in March/April in Ohio:

• March 2008 - biggest snow that I remember in a long time. We had to have around 20" here where I am in Central Ohio.  Started snowing Friday morning heavily, and kicked my assistant out of the office early afternoon to beat the rush.  Stopped snowing that night, then the next morning picked back up with a vengeance.  
  • April 1987 - student at Ohio University, right after spring break.  Recall being in class on Friday morning when it started snowing, and didn't stop until at least that evening, if not later.  At least a foot fell - being college students, we took advantage of it when we went out that night. 

2 hours ago, Crowbar said:

I recall two big snows in March/April in Ohio:

• March 2008 - biggest snow that I remember in a long time. We had to have around 20" here where I am in Central Ohio.  Started snowing Friday morning heavily, and kicked my assistant out of the office early afternoon to beat the rush.  Stopped snowing that night, then the next morning picked back up with a vengeance.  
  • April 1987 - student at Ohio University, right after spring break.  Recall being in class on Friday morning when it started snowing, and didn't stop until at least that evening, if not later.  At least a foot fell - being college students, we took advantage of it when we went out that night. 

Don't forget March of '93 as well