February 27-29 2024 | Possible Severe Weather

snowlover2

If anything does materialize in my neck of the woods, it’s likely I’ll be in bed and asleep. Would be cool to get woken up by thunder early in the morning. 

That being said, can’t wait to experience record warmth today @ 73

• LIKE 2

Phew, I'm hoping all the action stays in northern and central Illinois, because 12z HRRR showing a pretty volatile environment down here in southern Illinois. Here's a sounding in my neck of the woods. Only thing holding storms back down here is the CINH.

image.thumb.png.eb8794533b3e6b69423b9d09a9bfea8b.png

Edited by Neoncyclone
  • LIKE 2
  • FLUSHED 1

4 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

Phew, I'm hoping all the action stays in northern and central Illinois, because 12z HRRR showing a pretty volatile environment down here in southern Illinois. Here's a sounding in my neck of the woods. Only thing holding storms back down here is the CINH.

image.thumb.png.eb8794533b3e6b69423b9d09a9bfea8b.png

Latest sounding for me in Sw Ohio yikes

IMG_0214.png

• LIKE 2

20 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

storms.gif

Looks like that banding along the border will be the bigger event. The other band up this way doesn’t look impressive to me. Hope I’m wrong and something good spurts off up here. Boring winter has led me to be storm starved.

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • LIKE 1

Definitely interested to see how this one plays out. SE IN and SW Ohio went from 2% tornado probabilities to a hatched risk in a 2 update span. Crazy we are seeing this kind of setup at the end of February.