Winter 2022-2023 | Discussion and Outlooks

NKYSnowLover

Crazy with the lack of snow for the big cities.  I can't complain too much about winter IMBY, though I know there are years that big coastal snows can dwarf anything IMBY.

Edited by RobB

4 hours ago, RobB said:

quoting the map, not you 

2 hours ago, HateWinterWarmth said:

I'd say it's officially time to cancel winter for most of us. Of course we'll get our annual April Arctic blast, but that doesn't count. 

I get what your saying in general but if your a snow lover and just ok with mediocre temperatures this is a pretty good setup west of the east coast. 

For instance this upcoming storm will be the biggest of the year around here and its going to be accompnaied by slightly above average temps, almost identical to what the monthly outlook is hinting.

The pattern we were in the last month, basically torching the entire continent was far more extreme

850t_anom.conus.png

prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.conus.png

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2
  • TROPHY 1

5 hours ago, beaver56 said:

I just hope we have a wetter last half of winter and early spring.  We have got to balance out the deficit in a lot of areas.  People keep commenting how wet some areas are, but they fail to realize many areas are still 6 to 8 inches low on precip.

I know in my area, it is in the severe drought category.  Walking my favorite hiking trails shows it..  lots of dirt/soil, much lower lake.

16 minutes ago, Al_Czervik said:

I know in my area, it is in the severe drought category.  Walking my favorite hiking trails shows it..  lots of dirt/soil, much lower lake.

Hey you can take all of my mud you want. It's basically quicksand at this point. More rain this weekend yay

1 minute ago, StretchCT said:

RobB goes back to scooping me again!!!  I had no idea it was that bad in the midwet too.  I mean midwest.  

1154261637_seasonsnowthroughJan21.thumb.jpeg.8079279278db39a7f6b961005668ebcb.jpeg

Indeed!  Glad drought regions in the west are seeing help but man, not all at once!

Will try and keep this out of the regional thread so reposting similar thought here. While it "appears" the GFS is the only thing showing the day 10+ cold making it down deep in to the lower 48. Take a look at the spread in the EPS at day 10+....its there and will probably be an insane roller coaster as the zone of threading the needle between the SER and deep arctic air fluctuates back and forth. I forsee some astonishing back and forth coming up. It will seriously be the perfect harmony between "winters over" and "here comes the Christmas pattern"Screenshot_20230121_183121_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8cbab75dcd8fc96d117c0a26e412fcfc.jpg

• LIKE 1
  • TROPHY 1