Winter 2022-2023 | Discussion and Outlooks

NKYSnowLover

• Meteorologist
52 minutes ago, Grace said:

In my opinion, the next 2 weeks could go full blown sudden furious winter mode or absolute disappointment. Not much in between. 

Yea ill continue on with this marginal air rather than get the weight of a lobe of TPV to come down. Still not sure why so many people want it to be super cold it brings with it very little moisture. Who wants 10 degree highs with no snow on the ground. Give me a foot of snowfall and then we get progressively colder and ill be more than fine to have that 10 degrees, probably more like low single digits with fresh snow.

• LIKE 3
  • TROPHY 1
  • LOVE 1

2 hours ago, HateWinterWarmth said:

Me!

I don't mind it either, but I'm not asking for it! 20-30 is 'winter' enough for me. Add snow and I really don't care what the temps are.

Edited by TLChip

Would figure temps cool down last week of January. Does it have any staying power? Winter lasted 12 days in December. Would favor GEFS look to the suppression of the SE ridge shown by the EPS. That just brings CAD in my area and shifts snow chances from MSP to Evansville.

Euro just looks to good from this weekend onward, but appears at day 10 the dam is about to break on another flood of true arctic air, this would probably put a close to the storm parade we've got coming in but I'm open to it if it means getting away from 40s cloudy, rainy, miserable weather we've been stuck in 

image.thumb.png.c52602d40ed3070276cd8b350028e8ce.png

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Euro just looks to good from this weekend onward, but appears at day 10 the dam is about to break on another flood of true arctic air, this would probably put a close to the storm parade we've got coming in but I'm open to it if it means getting away from 40s cloudy, rainy, miserable weather we've been stuck in 

image.thumb.png.c52602d40ed3070276cd8b350028e8ce.png

watch it evolve from 12z analysis (circled) to hour 240

Capture.thumb.JPG.ff95cad8296ac0746155f12cbf04858e.JPG

1472976808_9-kmECMWFGlobalPressureNorthAmerica850hPaTempAnom.gif.7677ba9b4612e7304488e8790cb76bcb.gif

• LIKE 1
  • TROPHY 1

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

we finally made it 😭

814temp.conus.png

This was the longest, most arduous stretch of weather I've ever endured. I never want to go through another 3 weeks like this again.