Winter 2022-2023 | Discussion and Outlooks

NKYSnowLover

I feel the need to come forward and confess my sins. The longer this lack of snow trend goes the more guilt I feel... Back in October my elderly father-in-law gave me his snowblower. It is a 26 inch snow blower. So I thought if we do get a big storm I am prepared.  Even told my neighbor I will do his driveway. Then in December my elderly mother gave me her snow blower. It is a much smaller one. I thought I was doing her a service to take it off her hands. But now I realize it was a big mistake. Not only did I kill the chance for a big snow, I killed the smaller snows too. I am so sorry and hope you forgive me... 🤣

Edited by Pghsnow
  • LIKE 1
  • FACEPALM 1
  • LAUGH 4
  • &$!#% 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

To work through the model noise I'd recommend looking at East Asia as another tool. It did great in late NOV/early DEC when models were sending mixed signals. Shows the initial cool out west then eventually drops hammer further east with what looks like 3, maybe 4 winter storm chances. I probably would not take anything outside 10 days as gospel but I've provided Day 4-15. This would translate to roughly JAN 22- FEB 4. 

gfs_z500a_ea_fh96-384.gif

• LIKE 3
  • LOVE 2

4 minutes ago, HateWinterWarmth said:

Stubborn torch

you missed the point of the post then haha, its no more stubborn than it was a week ago when we knew about it, the point was to show each day that passes more normal mid January weather will be upon us

• LIKE 2

1 hour ago, Pghsnow said:

I feel the need to come forward and confess my sins. The longer this lack of snow trend goes the more guilt I feel... Back in October my elderly father-in-law gave me his snowblower. It is a 26 inch snow blower. So I thought if we do get a big storm I am prepared.  Even told my neighbor I will do his driveway. Then in December my elderly mother gave me her snow blower. It is a much smaller one. I thought I was doing her a service to take it off her hands. But now I realize it was a big mistake. Not only did I kill the chance for a big snow, I killed the smaller snows too. I am so sorry and hope you forgive me... 🤣

It's ok. It's not just you. I bought ski passes for my son and I back in November. Haven't gone once.

• DISAPPOINTED 1
  • SAD 3

2 minutes ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

The area covered by 10+ F anomalies is impressive. Even if there's a week or so of cold weather to close the month, it's still gonna be well above normal:image.thumb.png.465b293d186434bbfa30c179770ba77f.png

Totally!

I'd love for at least a couple of days of intense cold towards end of month for the body shock! 😋

• LIKE 1

On 1/10/2023 at 1:17 PM, Grace said:

Eye Candy...12z GEFS Ensembles

Screenshot_20230110-130947_Chrome.thumb.jpg.be5dffd5f58fc4e673ddbc1e399a7eaf.jpg

This one is would do it...move it East 50 miles & better. Lol

Screenshot_20230110-131106_Chrome.jpg.422869c35c44916f4660693f9aae2cd3.jpg

And it's still early in the storm above, here's the precip at that moment. All snow west of west Mississippi river & north of Ohio river...massive ice East & south of that. 

Screenshot_20230110-131037_Chrome.jpg.f4ced749cf4cc0b6d2fd76b6d7128423.jpg

That's some eye Candy. 😆 

How bout West 100?