Winter 2022-2023 | Discussion and Outlooks

NKYSnowLover

• Meteorologist
8 minutes ago, HateWinterWarmth said:

A "little" warmup is one thing, but the torchfest that's coming is a little uncalled for. It's going to melt everything (snow and ice) in short order and we'll be starting from square one. 

Actually I'm still good with this. I love wearing shorts. Give me 50s and 60s for a week or two before the cold comes back. (Mid to late month looks like we'll jump back into a more favorable pattern.)

• THUMBS DOWN 1

8 minutes ago, Al_Czervik said:

Bring on the warmth.  Can't do jack squat outside when it is below 20 Degrees.

Can't do jack squat when it's 50 and a drizzly slushy mess either lol

I'm going to be honest, for once ill welcome the torch next week.  Thus Is absolutely BRUTAL stuff more fitting for North Dakota than here.  Power went out at 6 last night and hooked my service truck welder up to power furnace, after we hours the house was down to 48.  

Roads are also a mess, they're just snow packed to ice and not a thing to put on them, that flash freeze truly was a flash freeze.  

Sadly it doesnt even feel like christmas as theres a worry about power outages, getting stuff to run, and not really wanting to leave the house unless necessary.  

• THUMBS UP 2

On 12/22/2022 at 9:44 AM, so_whats_happening said:

You said this exact same thing in early December and look at where we are right now with the month overall in the east and especially areas of the OHV. To much of your surprise you really may end up near average or even slightly below for the month.

I see your point. But yeah, and it took an nearly record breaking HP to get us there.

For the past 10 years overall, winter doesn’t set in until 2nd/3rd week of January. February is always brutal here, then it usually bleeds well into March. So really, I’m also welcoming the torch next week into January. At least I can get my winter seeds planted in the garage without freezing to death.

Edited by NWOhioChaser

• Meteorologist
33 minutes ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

All aboard GLC Railway setting off for Cutter City via the 12z GEFS:

gfs-ens_mslpaNorm_us_fh96-240.thumb.gif.b908975ca0380b8302133e62cc0979b6.gif

That mean surface low track would suggest snow for central Kansas if there's enough cold air. Make sense since there always seems to be a storm when a specific co-worker and I go on midnights together lol

• LIKE 2