Winter 2022-2023 | Discussion and Outlooks

NKYSnowLover

• Meteorologist
4 minutes ago, cperry29 said:

Waiting on all the “suppression depression” cries and moans once the cold settles in. I cringe when I see the deep purples. Just sayin…

I'm right there with you. Give me highs in the upper 20s and lows in the upper teens with snow but once you start talking about low teens or single digits for highs I don't want it.

• THUMBS UP 3

27 minutes ago, cperry29 said:

Waiting on all the “suppression depression” cries and moans once the cold settles in. I cringe when I see the deep purples. Just sayin…

And not to mention watching it snow in Alabama and South Carolina as the snow tracks way south. 🤷🏻‍♂️

066A98AB-B7F1-4E61-9565-B14AA5DDD9F2.gif

33 minutes ago, cperry29 said:

Based on some of those images we would be riding the eastern side of thr trough, would be a fantastic spot with HP bearing down to the west. However I'm not willing to roll the dice that close to Christmas, send in the purple calvary 

• LAUGH 1
  • LOVE 1

44 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Even in a good pattern I appear to be in a snow whole 🙄

Don't want to be in the bullseye this early...right?https://media1.giphy.com/media/zhS4PEVVuFnbG718kV/200.gif

1 hour ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Even in a good pattern I appear to be in a snow whole 🙄

Not sure why you would expect any less after the last 6 months of very dry weather. I feel your pain. Averages though. Precip will balance out at some point. 

25 minutes ago, SOMOSnow said:

18z GFS back to torch mode through hour 276. Cue the freakouts. 

I'll be the first.  

Snow Miser and Heat Miser are battling it out. We all know who wins that battle. 

• Meteorologist

To be honest I wouldn't mind that GFS run here even though I get split by snow somewhat. It stays stormy with brief periods above normal and nothing too cold. Not extreme torch like having 70s on Christmas either. Drought would essentially be over in Oklahoma lol. Unfortunately I don't think that will be happening but I can try to will it into existence as much as possible lol. 

12z tellis, I've been pretty mute the last 24 hours but the internal roller coaster is raging lol

Except for the long range EPO (GFS) these are impressively clustered (I'm excluding the KMA from absolutely every comment 🙄, seriously why is it on this chart, I'd rather see the UK or even ICON, it's always in outlier in everything. This is of course excluding whatever nonsense they did to the gfs as well

global_nao_2022121012.png

global_ao_2022121012.png

global_pna_2022121012.png

global_epo_2022121012.png

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 1