Winter 2022-2023 | Discussion and Outlooks

NKYSnowLover

• Meteorologist
4 hours ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

FWIW, I doubt any non-NOAA employees know what the EFI is. It's an awesome tool, but it's not publicly available. 

I've explained it here a couple times here before and it's technically publicly available (as in you don't need your NOAA login to view it) so I'll bring it up from time to time.

• LIKE 1

The system on the 13th-14th is amped up on the 12z euro but with a much further south track than the GFS. This would be a solid system for my area if it were to verify. If the prior system can bring in a shot of colder air maybe the euro is on to something with it’s track. FWIW 12z CMC is also similar to the euro.

Edited by SNOWBOB11
  • LIKE 1

One thing to keep in mind is the GFS products have very recently been upgraded. Too early to tell if those upgrades are helping or hurting the model output. We've seen in past that alterations to models don't always enhance the models, at least initially. Time will tell the tale.

Edited by SOMOSnow
  • LIKE 1

4 minutes ago, SOMOSnow said:

12z Euro ensemble 2m temp anomaly day 8-15. 👇 FWIW, 12z Euro Control goes into icebox last 10 days of run and brutally cold last 7 days. (Might post separately later.)

Screenshot_20221205_135851_Samsung Internet.jpg

Joe Bastardi has a Tweet for just that! (I can't embed mine for some reason)

• LIKE 1

Just for fun, fwiw. 👇 (This is all partially for fun/enjoyment, right? 😃) 12z Euro Control day 5-15 on top and day 8-15 on bottom. Very cold run, but just one run. Grain of salt. Proceed with caution.

Screenshot_20221205_140833_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221205_140824_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by SOMOSnow
  • SHOCKED 1
  • LOVE 1

• Social Media Crew
43 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

The GFS is like "If you thought that my previous run was crazy, then try this!"

See.. my question is.. why can’t the GFS use this momentary lapse of sanity to produce something epic? Give me a sub 960mb low.. crawler.. originated in the gulf, right up the coast. Give me a trough all the way down to San Juan. If we’re going to get crazy, let’s go! 

Edited by Penn State
  • LIKE 1