Winter 2022-2023 | Discussion and Outlooks

NKYSnowLover

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

I'm just saying he got fooled like the rest of us the last couple weeks so why put yourself through the potential for ridicule again that far out until things become clearer 

I guess because I choose to be somewhat optimistic? He certainly doesn’t hype. If he’s wrong, he’s wrong. He has a pretty good track record. 

• LOVE 1

Just now, Mulaman984 said:

I guess because I choose to be somewhat optimistic? He certainly doesn’t hype. If he’s wrong, he’s wrong. He has a pretty good track record. 

That's my problem with social media forecasts, it's for avenues like this board for us to be optimistic as snow lovers about a potential forecast. Something broadcasted out to the public should have all emotion put aside.

But I digress....

Here is last nights updated PNA/EPO forecast

global_epo_2022120500.png

global_pna_2022120500.png

14 minutes ago, Mulaman984 said:

Call it what you will. He’s made a call and is actually one of the most level-headed forecasters for our region. 

100% agree.  Very low profile guy who just likes the weather and is knowledgeable.

2 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

That's my problem with social media forecasts, it's for avenues like this board for us to be optimistic as snow lovers about a potential forecast. Something broadcasted out to the public should have all emotion put aside.

But I digress....

The -EPO is going to take a break before coming back for more in Mid to Late December!

2 hours ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

But I digress....

What emotion?

15 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Would be nice - But until a pattern like this is consistently showing up in the 6-10 day window, I'm keeping my expectations very low. I've lost count of the number of times that the various ensembles have shown incredible potential in the hour 240+ range the last few years only to see it pushed back several weeks or disappear altogether. Just keeping it real - being realistic is different than being pessimistic. 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 3

41 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

optimism

Why are you assuming indywx is just trying to be optimistic? And that only social media Mets and wx people do that? It happens on TV, too. That said, It seems fairly clear you're of with the pessimistic feeling. So I'm not sure why you're calling out optimism if you're okay with pessimism.  I guess being optimistic is a bad thing now lol. 

Edited by SOMOSnow

6 minutes ago, SOMOSnow said:

Why are you assuming indywx is just trying to be optimistic? And that only social media Mets and wx people do that? It happens on TV, too. That said, It seems fairly clear you're of with the pessimistic feeling. So I'm not sure why you're calling out optimism if you're okay with pessimism. 

I'm sure OB45 will speak for himself, but I have seen nothing posted by him that I'd call pessimistic. It's clear that he loves snow/cold just as much as anyone on these forums. I think some of us must have very short memories when it comes to how bad winter modeling has been in the long range in recent years. 

17 minutes ago, SOMOSnow said:

Why are you assuming indywx is just trying to be optimistic? And that only social media Mets and wx people do that? It happens on TV, too. That said, It seems fairly clear you're of with the pessimistic feeling. So I'm not sure why you're calling out optimism if you're okay with pessimism. 

I'm not by any means a pessimist, like meso said...theres a difference between pessimism and realism

if you go back several pages....I was one the fools who got excited and fell for the false long range cold we would just about be heading in to this week. Now its more of the fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Until it enters that 1 week window im cautiously optimisitc

My point above in those posts was if you in the business of broadcasting to the public...you shouldn't have bias of forecasting. Does that mean it (social media forecasting) doesn't? no

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45

So bias for social media mets apparently means the long range cold has to be wrong until its in short range. If you post otherwise, you're just being falsely optimistic and not pessimistic.. or sorry.... I meant realistic. But if you trust long range model warmth, it's OK to be optimistic whoops I meant realistic that it is correct. Is that pretty accurate? 

Edited by SOMOSnow

3 hours ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Flashback to November 25th, for this week. Think they would've learned to hold off

Screenshot_20221205_085259_Twitter.jpg.a7933089909566549c2ef60a182f67a8.jpg

figure_chasing_dangling_carrot_anim_300_wht.gif

Sorry your video  post got called out as carrot chasing. If he had shown warmth it would have been all good. 

Edited by SOMOSnow

11 minutes ago, SOMOSnow said:

So bias for social media mets apparently means the long range cold has to be wrong until its in short range. If you post otherwise, you're just being falsely optimistic and not pessimistic.. or sorry.... I meant realistic. But if you trust long range model warmth, it's OK to be optimistic whoops I meant realistic that it is correct. Is that pretty accurate? 

you just want to argue like always, so this conversation is over.

23 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

you just want to argue like always, so this conversation is over.

So it looks like I 🔨 it. I'm not the one who keeps calling out posts btw but ok . And actually I don't want to argue. It seems you want to be able to call out posts etc and then nobody push back on you

Edited by SOMOSnow

31 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

Yeah that's a clown run. Would be a once in a life time snow event 😂

snku_acc.us_c-43.png

GFS has done that 2 or 3 times already in my neck of the woods.. these 2-footer pluses. It's on steriods.

Season total = 2.5", btw.

• LIKE 1

No offense to both SOMOSnow and Buckeye, but chill.  We use the forum for entertainment and informative purposes.  Keep some perspective of that.  You are both very valuable to all of us so just relax and be fortunate we can be here to do this.  Many others aren't near as fortunate. 

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

2 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

No offense to both SOMOSnow and Buckeye, but chill.  We use the forum for entertainment and informative purposes.  Keep some perspective of that.  You are both very valuable to all of us so just relax and be fortunate we can be here to do this.  Many others aren't near as fortunate. 

Thank you

Edited by SOMOSnow