Winter 2022-2023 | Discussion and Outlooks

NKYSnowLover

It's just comical at this point. The average *temperature* (not high temperature, mind you, but overall average temperature) in Milwaukee so far this January has been 36.6. The average temperature should be 19 in January. I'll for sure enjoy this next week's "major cooldown" to only slightly above average temps before the endless Fall (or Spring, depending on how you look at it) comes back. 

52 minutes ago, HateWinterWarmth said:

It's just comical at this point. The average *temperature* (not high temperature, mind you, but overall average temperature) in Milwaukee so far this January has been 36.6. The average temperature should be 19 in January. I'll for sure enjoy this next week's "major cooldown" to only slightly above average temps before the endless Fall (or Spring, depending on how you look at it) comes back. 

it seems like that something is preventing 2022-2023 from being "The winter that never existed".

58 minutes ago, HateWinterWarmth said:

your probably in a better spot anyways for this round to be "extended". Your 1 of the lucky ones not to have to battle any hint of a SE ridge, in fact your location probably benefits from a moderate SE ridge in terms of storm track/snow

1 hour ago, Snowgeek93 said:

I sincerely hope we're not gonna pay for all this Winter warmth with another cold and dreary Spring for the great lakes.

Spring is always cold and dreary in the Great Lakes.

3 hours ago, Al_Czervik said:

The TWC is already saying this is the case.

I just hope we have a wetter last half of winter and early spring.  We have got to balance out the deficit in a lot of areas.  People keep commenting how wet some areas are, but they fail to realize many areas are still 6 to 8 inches low on precip.

1 hour ago, RobB said:

I'd say it's officially time to cancel winter for most of us. Of course we'll get our annual April Arctic blast, but that doesn't count. 

Just now, HateWinterWarmth said:

I'd say it's officially time to cancel winter for most of us. Of course we'll get our annual April Arctic blast, but that doesn't count. 

What is your location?

Just now, RobB said:

What is your location?

near Milwaukee, WI. I still have a shot at some snow, but most of us East of the Rockies are cooked, I'm afraid. 

Just now, HateWinterWarmth said:

near Milwaukee, WI. I still have a shot at some snow, but most of us East of the Rockies are cooked, I'm afraid. 

Righto.  I'm probably too old but I've seen worst winters around my back yard.  LOL..

I understand your frustration.

7 minutes ago, RobB said:

Righto.  I'm probably too old but I've seen worst winters around my back yard.  LOL..

I understand your frustration.

You've seen warmer winters than this? I've seen some warm ones but this one takes the cake for me. 

• Admin
20 hours ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

I think we'll pretty much level out here the rest of the month, maybe a few days below avg. a few day above towards the end but guessing the results by Feb 1 looks similar. It will certainly be good riddance

MonthTDeptUS.png

There's a real possibility that my area ends up +10° for the month, but also above average for snowfall.

#mainelife

And not trying to be a douche, so apologies if it came off that way.  I chose to live here 20 years ago so that I could have fairly reliable snow in the winter, I have never regretted that decision.  

1 minute ago, MaineJay said:

There's a real possibility that my area ends up +10° for the month, but also above average for snowfall.

#mainelife

And not trying to be a douche, so apologies if it came off that way.  I chose to live here 20 years ago so that I could have fairly reliable snow in the winter, I have never regretted that decision.  

haha I didn't take it that way, at some point that far north your averages get measured by amount of water content in the snow 😄 

• THUMBS UP 1