February 22-25, 2024 | Winter Storm Speculation

MaineJay

1 minute ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Too FN close for my liking

image.thumb.png.efc48db976e50142c49aeb0a465e1a5a.png

WR structure a bit neutral - best to be pos tilted - yet looks to be completely workable to allow more than a handshake (btwn the jets) over the East. Once it catches, at or above M Vineyard, it has a decided winter side

image.thumb.png.f727677640b341efced4ef7e0b448fa3.png

Yep - waaay too close. 

image.thumb.png.67030bf56a03651e323f230a42fc39f4.png

21 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

WR structure a bit neutral - best to be pos tilted - yet looks to be completely workable to allow more than a handshake (btwn the jets) over the East. Once it catches, at or above M Vineyard, it has a decided winter side

image.thumb.png.f727677640b341efced4ef7e0b448fa3.png

Yep - waaay too close. 

image.thumb.png.67030bf56a03651e323f230a42fc39f4.png

I wouldn't be too worried if I was you - everything about the ridge structure out west makes me think trough axis will be too far east. (and my rooting interests are the opposite of yours so I'll gladly lend my snow repelling protection to your desires)

1 hour ago, AceGikmo said:

I wouldn't be too worried if I was you - everything about the ridge structure out west makes me think trough axis will be too far east. (and my rooting interests are the opposite of yours so I'll gladly lend my snow repelling protection to your desires)

I'm kind of trying to whistle past the graveyard, as it were. Historically, strong Ninos that start warm end up with some sort of event of notoriety - NESIS level kind of thing. I'm hoping we don't get to go there though my actual discussion with others from back in Dec. was that there is always that prospect lurking. I thought with MJO collapse, it would hold off any notion of the Big-Un coming around. 

I still hope to be very right that it won't do it - these ENS runs make me very much less sure

• LIKE 1

Well according to our local NBC morning met there are no more chances for snow in Feb.  At least down my way.

GFS says there is a storm.. of course this will change. 

floop-gfs-2024021606.prateptype_cat-imp.conus.gif

57 minutes ago, Wtkidz said:

Well according to our local NBC morning met there are no more chances for snow in Feb.  At least down my way.

Yeah - own local Met clowned a similar comment - "those who like snow will be disappointed, after this I don't see any chances for snow anytime soon". 

3 hours ago, Wtkidz said:

Big change at 6Z compared to 0Z.  Trending in the right direction if you want ❄️ Here is what it showed then. 

floop-gfs-2024021600.prateptype_cat-imp.conus.gif

GFS dumps all over NY state and New England on 12z

Very disjointed though - extremely odd evolution. Still gets to the same place in the end somehow. 

Suspect that the GFS is doing a timing correction - it had been pretty progressive compared to Euro slower (but warmer). This run is likely indicative of it being caught betwixt and between the faster and a slow down. 

EPS and GEFS, still have a large spread on mslps, both seem progressive and flat. Lots of moving parts in and ahead of this threat. 

Edited by TLChip

4 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Holy sheets and pillow cases! Could it be a Shrine-worthy event? Not verbatim but wowza close to NESIS stuff right there

Nice look this far out. 

• LIKE 1

4 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Sadly, JD's organic site shows a big-un likely after this one too. 

So if this don't work we may still have more winter to deal with

I find that damn groundhog and giving it a .223 surprise

I read your post wrong... 🙂 I initially read as big unlikely.... meaning no chances down the road.. I want more chances and winter to deal with..

• LIKE 1

11 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

24022400_1612 (1).gif

24022400_1612.gif

Looks like the ULL approaching the west coast is slowing on the ensembles... allows for slightly better ridging out west and the corresponding potential for a better trough axis

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1