February 16th-17th, 2024 | Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Admin

I'll pay attention long enough to say this looks like flurries for us. Unless the ICON's right, in which case it will have bumped up its credibility for me (as it's seemingly done fairly well this winter already). models-2024021406-f078.sn10_024h-imp.us_ov.gif.7ea6a82553d4e7ab4a3778f5e3257ac4.gif

• THUMBS UP 1

Just now, FortySixAnd32 said:

cant-deal.gif

hahaha right?! When the "best case scenario" is 2'' and thats that biggest storm of the year IMBY in mid-feb. Crying out loud 

Based on the GFS/ECM/NAM being lock stop together as being an absolute snoozer, I don't have much excitement for getting anything more than mood flakes for now until they change

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

Just now, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

hahaha right?! When the "best case scenario" is 2'' and thats that biggest storm of the year IMBY in mid-feb. Crying out loud 

Based on the GFS/ECM/NAM being lock stop together as being an absolute snoozer, I don't have much excitement for getting anything more than mood flakes for now until they change

Sometimes it is good to have pessimism.  Hard to be disappointed in that case.

Of course now?  We'll get rain 😉

• LAUGH 3

• Admin
10 minutes ago, RobB said:

Sometimes it is good to have pessimism.  Hard to be disappointed in that case.

Of course now?  We'll get rain 😉

You better be careful. You were the one who joked about the Canadians being right with the storm earlier this week, and then your prediction came true. lol.

• WOW 1
  • LAUGH 3

seems like every thread we do have now is the "last chance" before the next warm up, sure enough, this looks like it for the next 10 days until the GFS/ECM opportunity on the 23rd. I am enjoying this dry weather though, there was a stretch there where I thought we were starting the spring flooding season 1.5 months ahead of schedule 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

Model wobble started about this time for the last storm-the next 36 hours will probably start to narrow in on an idea IMO based on the last storm-probably have a decent idea (I hope) of what this is going to do come 12z/18z runs tomorrow.  18z/0z tonight runs should start to show small signs of finding a solution...lets hope it trends right for everyones backyard!

• LIKE 1

5 hours ago, cperry29 said:

RRFS. Just looking at precip placement. Still in its long range though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_2020.png

IMG_2019.png

My God, if only. Stellar moisture feed

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 1