February 16th-17th, 2024 | Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

1 hour ago, BuckeyeGal said:

EVERYONE is downplaying it. Like all the local mets.

3 minutes ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

I’m really concerned about the timing of this coming through in the Columbus area. I know many schools have basketball games and people will be out and about. I feel like it’s being downplayed by the news and the roads are likely going to be really nasty and catch many of the guard.

Totally agree. None of my friends knew it was coming and they were all shocked when I told them this morning, and they're usually asking me days in advance about the next snow potential.

• LIKE 2

Virga here on the NW side of the city. Models did a pretty good job picking up on that first band placement. Probably where the higher amounts came from through Franklin County/Delaware. 

Edit, may get the livestream going later. 

Edited by Jeffro
  • LOVE 1

1 minute ago, Kerbs said:

Snowing in West Central OH

I see a couple of them springing up in Ohio.  One shows rain symbol but it is light snow actually.

image.thumb.png.c86bcb28fe9eeb4c1252145897f0a9a4.png

• LIKE 1

13 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

no they are just choosing to ignore modeling, and we have higher criteria, but whatever

image.thumb.png.6674bbf6e1943aeef6fe85218967030a.png

HA! Good timing, they stopped ignoring models. Shelby Union Delaware Logan added to advisory 

• LOVE 1

At least my way, no real road worries when this starts.  Currently 37.6 degrees.  Heavier returns and setting sun would change that.  I assume it just accumulates on all surfaces but the roads. 

• THUMBS UP 1