February 16th-17th, 2024 | Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

I know i'm late to the party, but banding set up right over my area yesterday in Southern Illinois. Measured 4-4.5in on pavement, 5-5.5in on grass. for a 1-3 inch forecast that's pretty awesome! Great way to send off Winter 2024.

Edited by Neoncyclone
  • LIKE 7
  • LOVE 1

• Admin
10 minutes ago, RobB said:

Flurries in the air. Very nice wintry look. Now I am ready for some Spring 👍

I mean.. I wouldn’t be opposed to next weekends storm trending like this one did. 😆

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • BOMBOGENESIS 1
  • LOVE 1

1 hour ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

Measured 5.5" in 3 spots in the backyard. And 6" in 3 spots in Newark at 5:30am. The one time I didn't get invested in a storm is the one that produces. Crazy!!! 

Must be the secret - I refused to touch this one until we were within 24 hours. 🤣

• LAUGH 2
  • TROPHY 1

37 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Must be the secret - I refused to touch this one until we were within 24 hours. 🤣

I think several regulars here did that. I know I did. 

• LIKE 2

Something to be said about the sun angle now.  24.5 degrees and the snow is pretty much melted off my driveway. Yard snows and deck snows compressing....

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators

Not home until tomorrow, report from Hiram observer says 2.8” at 8AM, by the looks of radar, maybe a bit more this morning.

Congrats to central OH on this overachiever!

• LIKE 2

Roadway's coming along nicely. I got four hours of sleep last night but otherwise been working since 7am yesterday Time for an app and get recovered and rested and hopefully next weekend is just as fun

12 hours ago, Snow____ said:

Pic from earlier compared to the pic from last night. @RobBwas right.. that mid February sun is definitely strong. 

IMG_2801.jpeg

IMG_2802.jpeg

With fairly low dew points, some of that snow probably lowered due to sublimation also.  Unique process..

2 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

I just now remembered seeing this with my beer goggle on Friday night. I thought (at the time) this is what I'd get - then came that finger bang band and I went up to 7. 

Nice! Or not so for you 😁

• LAUGH 1