February 16th-17th, 2024 | Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I took the average of 10 readings around my property to get 4.5 inches. It also happens to match my Y’all-O-Meter. Lol

IMG_5509.jpeg

not the yall o meter 🤦‍♂️

• LAUGH 2

37 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Calling it at 7.25" hard to believe given where we were 12-18 hours ago

20240216_213856.jpg

You deserve it, man. The countless hours you put in here keeping us lurkers entertained.... i say, thank you. 

• LIKE 1
  • THANKS 1
  • LOVE 1

I haven’t measured yet but I’d say here in Reynoldsburg we’d be lucky to have gotten 4” total. I’ll measure in the morning. Maybe it’s the Columbus heat island effect or maybe the northern bands were what produced…

Either way, I’m happy to see snow. Headed to Holiday Valley NY tomorrow evening to ski anyway and there’s plenty of snow there lol!

Happy for you guys north of me! Never would have guessed, looking at the models 36 hours ago that the heaviest snow would be north of me!

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

Snow total reports are coming in for Indiana. I saw 6.6” in Castleton which is about five minutes east of me in Carmel, so I’m thinking my measurements of 5” are true. It’s too early for all of the totals yet but down here on my lane (not city maintained) it’s most likely 5-6”.

The bad part are SO many wrecks especially over south west of me. It was really bad over there. Really bad. Friend lives close to Martinsville so I was getting first hand reports from her. 
 ……her daughters finance crashing at her house because he was literally trapped by so many wrecks and vehicles blocking several roads and stranded motorists 

• SAD 1

14 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

A friend just posted that some places in SE Columbus only saw 2". O_O Seems nuts to me!

Seems right. Been out checking roads and some places are much less than others

20 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

A friend just posted that some places in SE Columbus only saw 2". O_O Seems nuts to me!

Such is the banded nature of this. Win the lottery or simply just played in it 😊