February 16th-17th, 2024 | Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Have 3.75 inches of snow. I'll take pics tomorrow. Maybe the gods will give me an additional 1/4 inch to make an even four though that hardly matters. Nice system. 

• LOVE 1

22 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Shocked that Franklin County isn't under a Snow Emergency. Stay safe out there, and thank you for all you do!

Just got off the phone with the county about getting one called at 8:00 

• WOW 1
  • LOVE 2

I know it’s been commented on already but the rates have been incredible tonight. I brushed off the back steps about 90 minutes ago and there’s already 2” on them. The snow is deep in the yard, might already be at 6”

Edited by OSUWx2
  • LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2
  • LOVE 2

4 minutes ago, OSUWx2 said:

I know it’s been commented on already but the rates have been incredible tonight. I brushed off the back steps about 90 minutes ago and there’s already 2” on them. The snow is deep in the yard, might already be at 6”

That's why I am definitely making my final measurements tonight, gotta capitalize on that maximum dryness 😅

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

So who else made the mistake of going out to shovel a half hour ago looking at the returns on radar?  Just got back in and where I started shoveling is already white again.  Even these light echoes (in Westerville) are accumulating still.  We have about 4” here, maybe 6” on the cars.

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 1
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • SNOWMAN 1

Don’t think we’re gonna make it to 9. Returns have completely moved out and only have super light fine snow falling now. 8.75” is what I submitted to NWS. Quite the over achiever for many. Very fun to watch. 

Now to dig out… 

IMG_3500.jpeg

IMG_3501.jpeg

• LIKE 3
  • TROPHY 2
  • LOVE 2

3 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

So who else made the mistake of going out to shovel a half hour ago looking at the returns on radar?  Just got back in and where I started shoveling is already white again.  Even these light echoes (in Westerville) are accumulating still.  We have about 4” here, maybe 6” on the cars.

I decided to wait until the morning. I measured 6” on the table on our deck here in Westerville 

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 2

Was definitely getting some of the heaviest snow from this around 8:00pm today when I was entering this concert. Be interested to see what it looks like when I leave. 
Gonna spend my evening with Bone Thugs tonight!

• LIKE 1

Locked myself out of my house after shoveling. Had to get the mom to rescue me 😂. Still lightly snowing and dusted what I shoveled so guess that was a little waste but the heavy stuff has been taken care of.  My guess is we’re a wee bit over 4” here  

IMG_2559.jpeg

Edited by junior
  • LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 1
  • LOVE 5

just cleared nearly 6 off the driveway and before i could finish it was covered over again.  This event is 110% overachiever and caught us off guard in that aspect-we were planning on 2-3, maybe 4 on pavement.  Might be starting to call in the extra drivers....

• LIKE 3