February 16th-17th, 2024 | Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

3 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Rates are definitely the hidden gem with this one. Took me by surprise after the first measure or 2 and thought that can't be right. Took the dogs out for a bit and you'd hardly tell the difference if it was snowing and 15 out by the fluff of the snow. Sunday will have its way with it, but until then, keep it coming

I also think the storm slowed down a bit as exit times seem pushed back a hair

Over performing for sure. I thought it seemed a bit faster than expected though. ILN says snow until 10 and I’m not seeing it. Although at this time yesterday I said 2” max so what do I know 🤪

animated.thumb.gif.5575f534e914ecd1827214d80cf9cfcf.gif

Almost 2" here in Liberty Township Ohio.  We were late to the party with the snow starting around 4:45.  So, so happy to see it coming down for all of us!!  Been a frustrating snowless winter and this is a balm to the soul. ❤️

17081270479898087907567635548368.jpg

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 2

On 2/15/2024 at 10:35 AM, junior said:

I like the NAM. I work but its one of those events where you can sit at the bay window and watch the snow. The orientation reminds me of that event years ago that busted low and we got almost 6" from a forecast of 1-3" due to the banding nature. (if i recall, been a minute)

😉

Looks like my hunch was right. The orientation of this setup has always been ripe for over performers. 

• TROPHY 1
  • LOVE 2

19 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Geez, band is camping on the same areas that got crushed this afternoon. Someone near Delaware is going to end up with double digits...cough, cough @Ohiobuckeye45

KILN - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 6_24 PM.gif

@Jeffro might be the one, I'm sitting on the northern edge of this most recent band, he looks smack dab back in the middle and has a .75-1" up already

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 3

It is stunningly beautiful here!!

wowww, talk about an over performing storm! I just measured two spots at 5” and another at 4.5” on tables in my back yard. 

That might be unscientific but I think Carmel, Indiana got wayyy more than forecast!  Heavy, wet snow and our woods is a fairyland! 
🥰

• LOVE 2

7 minutes ago, OHValleysnow said:

Almost 2" here in Liberty Township Ohio.  We were late to the party with the snow starting around 4:45.  So, so happy to see it coming down for all of us!!  Been a frustrating snowless winter and this is a balm to the soul. ❤️

17081270479898087907567635548368.jpg

I'm gonna be that guy and ask you where you got the lighted birds... 🤣🤣

• LAUGH 1

1 minute ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

I'm gonna be that guy and ask you where you got the lighted birds... 🤣🤣

Lol.  Our son got them on Amazon for us for Christmas.   They are the coolest things.  Solar.  

• LOVE 1

1 minute ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

Send me a link if you can... Thanks!!! 

2 minutes ago, OHValleysnow said:

Lol.  Our son got them on Amazon for us for Christmas.   They are the coolest things.  Solar.  

My mother has some of these as well. They really are cool

• LIKE 2

12 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

@Jeffro might be the one, I'm sitting on the northern edge of this most recent band, he looks smack dab back in the middle and has a .75-1" up already

Currently Sitting at 7.5. Heavier returns starting to drift to my south. Should be able to squeeE out another half. DLZ looks to be in a better position. 

IMG_3497.jpeg

• LIKE 1
  • WOW 1
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • SNOWMAN 3
  • LOVE 1