February 16-17, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

2 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Very strange 21z run.  Had like near 0% chance of 4"+ east of the Apps.  Seems too abrupt of a change.

A lot of moving parts. I’m done looking at mods. Thing has some juice. 

• LIKE 4

• Moderators

I heard that my cousin in southern Illinois had thundersnow today. Had 4-5" of snow along with thunder and lightning!

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1

9 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Good luck guys, this thing is a monster widespread over achiever from IL to OH today. Started the day out of the WWA and will finish in a WSW with 7" down and maybe squeezing another 1-2. Banding setup slightly N of where modeled 

Thanks for the upstream fore caddying! 😊

Edited by Rickrd
  • LIKE 2

17 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

My old stomping grounds in Pittsburgh seem to be having a nice event. Cheers 🍻 

Well not all of Pgh... I keep getting snow hole over me. Killing me. Guess it makes up for me killing in that lake effect band in January. 

I have a flight leaving EWR tomorrow at 7:15 pm heading to FLL. I am thinking even if Newark gets 4 inches tonight and snow ends at 8 am. I think I should be fine? Heading on a cruise Sunday

Edited by mikeysed
  • SKEPTICAL 1
  • THUMBS UP 2
  • TROPHY 1

Some radar extrapolation .. following where it's pointed, I think the output of HRRR/RAP has some credence.   Does seem a bit more north, as Buckeye mentioned, than it had been modelled for the heaviest potential.  On the northern part, watching the loop you can see a bit of a northern tug of the returns, which supports HRRR output as well.  We shall see.

sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_ne (1).png

• LIKE 3
  • WOW 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Some radar extrapolation .. following where it's pointed, I think the output of HRRR/RAP has some credence.   Does seem a bit more north, as Buckeye mentioned, than it had been modelled for the heaviest potential.  On the northern part, watching the loop you can see a bit of a northern tug of the returns, which supports HRRR output as well.  We shall see.

sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_ne (1).png

So, Snow breeds Snow. 😎❄️

• THUMBS UP 1