February 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm Speculation

SNOWBOB11

• Admin
11 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Sadly, I'm still pretty invested in this one. We are now in the 3-4 day range & at least 1 reputable model is showing 6" of accumulation in the vicinity. Probably going to go down with the ship on this one. LOL

IMG_5674.gif.411eb50d7541484ed67d2ae068c212f2.gif

#teamgfs

• LAUGH 3
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • TROPHY 1

1 hour ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Sadly, I'm still pretty invested in this one. We are now in the 3-4 day range & at least 1 reputable model is showing 6" of accumulation in the vicinity. Probably going to go down with the ship on this one. LOL

Yeah I mean, knowing we're still in mid Feb and seasonal temps are coming back there's no choice to root for anything and everything frozen. The benchmark here is still 1.50-1.75" so the bar is extremely low

12z GFS and Euro generally in line with heaviest snow just SE of Columbus.  Feels like there will be a very narrow band of decent (2" or more) snow with this one, just depends on last minute wobbles for where it is.  Wouldnt be surprised for anywhere between the Ohio River and up north of Mansfield area to be in the game at this point.  Just my reading of the graphics.

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

If only it would get its act together sooner. It would be a colossal hit further West and through most of Ohio. As of now, it's going to be a heartbreaker.

Only a heart breaker if one expects to get said snow.  Luckily, I do not see it..IMBY at least.....Pretty whacky to think the chance is there when one feels how awesome it is outside now 🙂

• Admin
Just now, RobB said:

Only a heart breaker if one expects to get said snow.  Luckily, I do not see it..IMBY at least.....Pretty whacky to think the chance is there when one feels how awesome it is outside now 🙂

I just meant because of the (currently) narrow stripe and those not expecting it looking at it with narrowed eyes, lol.

But yes. About to go out for date night and totally not even wearing a jacket. In February. What is this.

• THUMBS UP 1

8 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

I just meant because of the (currently) narrow stripe and those not expecting it looking at it with narrowed eyes, lol.

But yes. About to go out for date night and totally not even wearing a jacket. In February. What is this.

I get ya!  I am trying to tell myself I am fine with missing it LOL

• Admin
3 minutes ago, RobB said:

I get ya!  I am trying to tell myself I am fine with missing it LOL

I'm currently in the bullseye (at least on the GFS) and don't believe it, so there is that, lol.

• LIKE 1

24 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

I'm currently in the bullseye (at least on the GFS) and don't believe it, so there is that, lol.

Same. Pink is over MBY but I just don’t see it happening with the marginal temps. Mood flakes on grassy surfaces maybe but…. That’s why I’ve only lurked on this one. 

If this comes to fruition, it’s good that it’ll be happening at night to maximize accumulations. But it’s bad that it’ll be at night to limit the enjoyment of watching it snow 😒

• THUMBS UP 2