February 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm Speculation

SNOWBOB11

17 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

well to be fair, the NE is in a far better setup with a miller B setup than we are when there is an immediate lack of cold air

The LR NAM has a gross closed 500 look  at 84 🤢, this would be the culprit of the 2-3 county wide snow band

namconus_z500_mslp_us_53.png

snku_acc-imp.us_mw.png

11 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

so gutting to see this in mid Feb, just as it was in mid Dec and mid Jan. Those who dismiss "repeating" weather patterns are nuts

1.png

2.png

Feels like we've had this issue 3-4 times this winter.  Would have been a top 5 winter around here if we would have had the cold when we needed it.

3 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

The euro is all.. It’s gonna snow, yes it’s snowing, woo, oh, Ohio you get no snow, heyyyy PA it’s gonna snow!

Lol…who on this board ticked off Mother Nature?!  

• LAUGH 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

2 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

Lol…who on this board ticked off Mother Nature?!  

Heh 🙂

It would be more upsetting if the snows were nice powder.  Seeing low 30a snow is meh to me anymore.....

• SKEPTICAL 1

I understand a transfer to the coast is forming. But I would think a 994 has a better precip shield to its NW prior to that transfer. Maybe I’m missing something?

1 hour ago, mafa said:

I understand a transfer to the coast is forming. But I would think a 994 has a better precip shield to its NW prior to that transfer. Maybe I’m missing something?

It might, but it would probably look like this

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_ncus_21.png

gfs_T2m_ncus_22.png

14 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Looks like 3-4 County wide is the max. Tons of people are going to get screwed on this

Like @junior mentioned above, there just isn't enough cold air available for anymore upside than a narrow band unless we can get that northern energy to phase earlier.

• THUMBS UP 1

2 hours ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Anyone have the individual snow map members for the 18z GEFS? It looks like a few of the GEFS members were much slower & stronger (sub 990) - I'm wondering if those show a phase & a more widespread snowfall in the OV? 

Screenshot_20240208-202632_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240208-202614_Chrome.jpg