February 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm Speculation

SNOWBOB11

Decent amount of members are NW. Not a bad look but there many members that have barely anything and I’m assuming just OTS. You’d hope things would start to get a little clearer within the next 2 days.

Precip shield was west. However track ended up similar. The big difference was a 10mb weaker system. We need a little more amped to produce more dynamic cooling but at the same time keeping the same track south of the Ohio River. 

12z GEMIMG_0172.thumb.jpeg.6f9517ba54e4b7b5e8e1a537a15176c7.jpeg

I like the GEM because it gives around 8” IMBY but I doubt this is what the system looks like in a couple days. Just shows how models don’t have a handle on anything yet.

22 hours ago, Grace said:

Agree, but I'm skeptical that anything but a cutter will produce any snow.  I hope I have to eat a big crow sandwich.

It seems this is way its playing out, only the far NW solutions are producing snow, the SE ones are not. lose lose here, bleh

however im so sick of rain, give me the dry SE solution

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 2

6-hr snowfall intervals on the UKMET...

Watch how things look great in the Plains....but just as the precip hits the OV, the snowfall turns to crap...before rebounding nicely in the NE. 🤣😂

uk.gif

Edited by MesoscaleBanding
  • &$!#% 1

24 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

6-hr snowfall intervals on the UKMET...

Watch how things looks great in the Plains....but just as the precip hits the OV, the snowfall turns to crap...before rebounding nicely in the NE. 🤣😂

uk.gif

This snow accumulation map tells the sad story of that frustrating pattern...

snowmap.jpg

• FACEPALM 2

10 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

The Euro is a great track.. and it even goes sub-1000. But much like recent history, the cold air is minimal and the snow fall to the NW of the low is (so far) kind of blah.

Pathetic looking lmao

This might be the ONLY time you’ll hear me wish this one doesn’t happen ….

Ive got a dental thing Tuesday afternoon that’s already got me totally terrified, so I don’t wanna even THINK about driving in a big snow on top of it. 😭

Ok, carry on! 

• SAD 1