February 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm Speculation

SNOWBOB11

I don’t envy local Mets at all right now. Imagine the potential for the biggest snow of the season in 2 days but the uncertainty of.. you don’t want to sound the alarm and get nothing but I’d imagine you don’t want to say maybe a dusting to an inch and we get 6 inches… tricky to say the least…..

For me I want to get more invested and dare I say excited but banking on a transitional big snow is not something that’s on brand with me at all. So I’m cautious 

1 minute ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Still think there will be a nudge back NW as we get closer. Strong storms almost always trend a bit NW of modeling

Assuming this bugger actually is a strong one....Pretty wild ride.  I again will say, this would have been a whole lot more frustrating if there was lots of cold air to work with.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, RobB said:

Assuming this bugger actually is a strong one....Pretty wild ride.  I again will say, this would have been a whole lot more frustrating if there was lots of cold air to work with.

Every GEFS plot goes sub 995mb & many get down to 990mb or lower. I can't see the GFS being too far off on strength within 36 hours of the event 🤷🏻‍♂️ Who knows

• THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Every GEFS plot goes sub 995mb & many get down to 990mb or lower. I can't see the GFS being too far off on strength within 36 hours of the event 🤷🏻‍♂️ Who knows

Agreed. If it is, it will be a colossal failure. But then.. so is the Euro if it's wrong.

3 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Vast majority of EPS members go 990mb or lower

What a waste.....Lack of true cold and moisture extent northwest of system...

Tis been that kind of season...

Edited by RobB
  • THUMBS UP 2

1 minute ago, RobB said:

What a waste.....Lack of true cold and moisture extent northwest of system...

Tis been that kind of season...

Let alone  the warm up afterwards. Won't even stay cold for a few days afterwards

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1